One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to customize a mandolorian troop and I was wondering if any of you have the Tomy mini-helmet to compare with a real Jango/Boba helmet (Medicom, bust, marmit, Windu exclusive) anything except Hasbro.

If someone can tell me if this helmet is really 1/6 scale or too big ?
A picture comparison should be perfect.
Thanks guys.

·
Sir Lurksalot
668 Posts
Well, I don't have the Boba Fett (they were sold out) but I picked up a Scout trooper helmet from the same line. It seems a little small to me but passable. The big issue will be finding a head that will fit. I could not find a single 1/6th head that would fit in the helmet as is. I will need to dremel out the inside of the helmet to get it onto a small head which should be possible 'cause the helmet plastic looks pretty thick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only Mandalorian helmet I have is the one I made based on the 1/1 I built.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47764

Here's the first cast painted.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47859

Some few folks out there have some of these, but I haven't seen any results from them yet.

Mine is made to fit any standard HS, especially DML.

Not trying to sell you one, but offering to measure or do side-by-side comps with a standard item to give you an idea of what you might be looking for in another manufacturer's choices.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I have the Boba Fett helmet. It is decent and looks great on display, but it will be too small for a 1/6 Mandalorian figure. I was barely able to fit it onto a BBi Perfect Body female figure, but it was very tight.

The best widely available Mandalorian helmet is Hasbro's Ultimate Villain Jango Fett helmet. It will fit just about any 1/6 headsculpt easily and is much easier to acquire than a Marmit or Medicom helmet.

Also, the VOTC Boba Fett helmet is great if you strengthen the floppy antenna. I glued a strip of a fake credit card to it and I think it turned out well.

and

(helmets from left to right: Ultimate Villain Jango Fett; Ultimate Villain Jango Fett; Electronic Boba Fett; VOTC Boba Fett)

Hope this picture helps! I can't wait to see your Mandalorian!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I brought the Tomy helmet for a similar project also and it is a bit on the small size. It also has an inner ring which I suppose is to show that the helmet seal's. You could get away with it if you used a ball joint inside the helmet instead of having a head inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts