One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been working on a medieval female knight character, using parts from several Phicen's such as Majestic and Athena resprayed and some of my own custom made bits.

What I really need now is fur. I'm looking to make a cloak and bracers and padding under pauldrons etc. The issue I'm having, is finding fur fine enough and in the right colours.

Does anyone know where is a good place to buy fur suitable for 1/6 scale, preferably in grey or dark brown? Stuff similar to that used on the line of coomodel viking figures that were released recently would be ideal.

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
YES I Know My Team Sucks
965 Posts
I'm with Highway man, check your local leather store, the stores have various dyed rabbit pelts that should fit your needs and most are around $5.00usd....

·
all up in your bizness
2,013 Posts
There are pros and cons to using faux fur or rabbit pelts. Faux fur has very consistent color and a stiff backing material. It has a certain look, isn't fine and doesn't take color. Pelts will have natural changes to the color the closer to the root you get. they can take color and are very fine but also are more delicate and can fall apart with age. They are also great for making beards or hair which faux fur isn't suited.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys. I had considered dissecting a poor unfortunate plush toy, but just have to make sure I don't make eye contact before I unleash the scissors. Nobody needs to see a grown man sobbing while decapitating a Bambi toy ��

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there!
I'd check out teddy bear pile on ebay or what have you. Lots of different types and colours, many would look the appropriate scale.
Cheers!
Michael.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Hobby Lobby has a small but useful selection of Spanish rabbit furs in several shades, depending on what's available (from dark grey to beige white). The fur is soft, with variable length and usually large enough to allow you plenty of options.

The Tibetan lamb fur is much better for "rooted" (or glued!) hair, unless you want something with super-long fur in sixth-scale.

Both of the above options were used in my custom Conan kitbash:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts