One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, need some answers regarding PMCs.

Do PMCs wear knee pads and do they carry tactical radio ?

I bought the Barrack Sergeant PMC recently and i realised that it did not comes with knee pads or tactical comms. So i was wondering whether is it because real life PMCs don't wear knee pads or carry tactical comms and that why not included with the figure but the Hot Toys PMC do come with the knee pads and tactical comms.

Just wondering whether would my figure looks strange if i kit my figure with knee pads and tactical comms.

The BS PMC looks good :thumb but on hindsight, maybe should have go for the HT ver instead, at least don't need to hunt for knee pads or tactical comms. :fit

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Knee pads and a radio aren't that big of a deal of find in 1/6, I'm sure you can scrounge some up fairly easily on the Open Market or from the dealers listed.

It would be conceivable that they would have a radio to keep in contact with their mates as well as kneepads if they see fit. Good luck acquiring the loose bits you need, IMO the Bsgt PMC is a great looking base for a PMC figure, though I'd swap the MG for an m4 or AK based rifle.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
saiko said:
Knee pads and a radio aren't that big of a deal of find in 1/6, I'm sure you can scrounge some up fairly easily on the Open Market or from the dealers listed.

It would be conceivable that they would have a radio to keep in contact with their mates as well as kneepads if they see fit. Good luck acquiring the loose bits you need, IMO the Bsgt PMC is a great looking base for a PMC figure, though I'd swap the MG for an m4 or AK based rifle.
Thanks for the advice...The BS PMC do comes with a fixed stock AK which i think kinda loses out to those folding stock type which i think would look more suitable for a PMC.

Things i m gonna add on or change out :

1) Radio
2) Knee Pads
3) MK 43 will be replaced with a Para version of M249 SAW ( Mk 43 is kinda too 'LONG' for a PMC to be kit with )
4) Fixed stock 'vietcong' looking AK will be replaced with a folding stock type
5) Headsculpt ( HS looks more like a school boy than a PMC )

Factoring in all these costs, i think i should be getting the HT Heavy gunner PMC instead....Sigh

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I wouldn't look at it as a loss, then it wouldn't be any fun. These changes and additions that you're thinking of will ultimately make him your very own kitbash, yours and no one elses, not even HT's. ;)

If you like, looking at pictures of Private Contractors in various threads or on searches at MilitaryPhotos.net may yield some inspiration. Just have fun with it, but if you think you're going to have more fun with the other figure, its up to you, maybe your retailer has a return policy.

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
I believe the pads are inserts that slip into a 'pocket' in front of the knees. I haven't actually tried it yet myself. Would be kinda odd if the knee areas were sewn shut. LOL. Hope that helps!

·
Perplexing!
93 Posts
try the inside of the pant-legs. I have a pair of 5.11 pants and the pockets for the knee pads open from the inside of the pant-legs.

dunno if those ones have that or not, but worth a look.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Many diffeerent PMC's ..........

There were/are so many different PMC's in Iraq some wore headgear, air helmets, or Kevlar, goggles, body armour, especially on trips from BIAP (Baghdad International Airport) to the green zone. Smart companies had their people with cell phones and radios but mostly hand helds, not so much head set NAVY SEAL stuff but small earpieces, more covert stuff. Guys would carry as many as 3 cell phones and there were worries they would perhaps set a bomb off with them !! In the beginning over there it was hard to get top notch weapons from the US , so there were a lot of black market AK's being bought, mostly short stock and without slings as most early contracts involved transporting VIP's and media around the country. The short stock and slingless being convenient for shooting out of car, and if a contactor had to debus from the vehicle the sling would not get tangled up with the car, or the contactors legs etc. Some companies were a little more out there though, and were pretty much loaded right up with drop downs, chest rigs, long barrelled M4's especially once armoured cars became more readily available. Anyway as stated in some earlier posts there are many directions you can take with a PMC bash. Have some fun with it, these guys live life on the edge..........

·
Customizer
2,232 Posts
It's matter of personal choice for most.
But comms are always used. I'd add a radio setup, which one you use is up to you as it varies from company to company and even from operator to operator.

Like Saiko said, have fun with it, add what you would carry if it were you, that's how I approach it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.