One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need help on choosing a tan plate carrier for a kitbash project; I am looking for quality and accuracy
Price is not an issue!!!!

Started my research and I found 4 different make

1. Ace

2. Saturday Toys

3. Hot toys version - Will just buy the figure (Military US ARMY RANGER 75th REGIMENT Mk16)

4. Soldiers story -I could just (SOLDIER STORY U.S.NAVY EOD 1/6 SCALE FIGURE)

Thank you for you helps
It's hard to tell by just looking at picture from the internet …. But from what I have seen Hot Toys (Military US ARMY RANGER 75th REGIMENT Mk16) looks great!

Looking forward for your opinions

Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess in the first place it all comes down to what you want to make. For example CIRAS, both Tan and OD, are not worn by everyone. ACE and Saturday Toys never made CIRAS either - ST did USMC Spartan while ACE only did MBSS plate carriers..

Alexei
thanks alexie....
I am making a group of P.M.C. from hell ( inspired the the ea game army of 2 )

Metro I have the EOD kit and I must say it is very accurate and detailed. That is what the team guys in group were wearing when I trained with them. The Reg. guy looks great too.
thanks eighty deuce
are you a Marine?

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
I would recommend the Soldier Story PC and pouches. They're well done, and provide a snug fit. I have the HT version from the CCT guy, and it is too large (atleast on a BBI G1-style body), but I don't know if that goes for the Ranger version.

The only drawback on the SS version, is that it is a real bitch putting the pouches on. They're held on with fabric strips that are meant to be laced through the webbing on the PC itself, but some of the webbing is stitched so closely together it makes that tough.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Ok so you want some PMCs from Hell but they should be accurate?...yeahhh...okay....ACE, Hot Toys, Soldier Story, Toy Soldier...they all make good stuff..

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
It really depends on what type of gear you want as not all the manufacturers makes all the different vests and as for quality, it really do boils down to personal point of view.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts