One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The lower look like modified BM 59's and Italian version of the M14. I believe it was the first assault rifle used by Italy but I do not think the BM59 had the forward grip. The reason I do not think it is a Mini 14 is that the gas piston on the Mini 14 does not extend form the hand guard like on the M14/BM59.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
all 4 are from BBi/Blue Box

They are from the box sets of Prowler and Hawkeye

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are all the real MVP's. Thank you very much. That was going to linger in my mind for a while.

Moving out of modern into Sci Fi /fantasy. I had not opened that box in a least 10 years. I had no memory of what figures these were from.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,958 Posts
Both would technically be M21's, not M14.

The figures are right from Blue Box, Prowler and Hawkeye.

If the green one isn't BBI, it's ZyToys. I never did get a ZyToys to see what it was like quality wise. I've heard nearly identical.

·
1/6 Hoarder
1,352 Posts
Just to add on to everything else that's been said, the top rifles with the green pistol grips are definitely NOT the ZyToys variant. The ZyToys rifle had black parts where the "wood" coloring is. Also the little red trim (not sure what that's called) at the rear area of the scope is not present on the ZyToys version.

Another note on these, it is largely recognized as the USMC's M14 DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle). The BBI Prowler figure was a Green Beret but I guess they can use whatever they want.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Seems BBi used some artistic licence and gave Hawkeye a BM59 but with a foregrip based on this picture of a SEAL holding an M14 with a similar looking foregrip.
7e192b2c6b67d92cdeaf60ea32a50e71.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts