One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried using a black car seat "vinyl and fabric" paint, but it comes off easily with my nail [unless this is how it's supposed to be].

Same deal with the Tulip fabric paint, except it's white paint on black fabric.

Your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I used to build a lot of Vinyl Anime figure kits, back in the day and always used a base coat of Tamiya Flat White Acrylic to seal the plastic. I would then use Humbrol enamels for the topcoats. Enamels have a better finish than Acrylics, are more durable and resist marking caused by excessive handling.

Sorry, re-read your post and just realised it was vinyl material as opposed to plastic. I don't think painting vinyl would really work, as unlike cloth, it can't absorb the pigment. Better to source material that's already the right colour. Vinyl material from shops is usually quite limited in the choice of colours available, so cheap 2nd hand clothes from Charity shops are a good source for more obscure colours.

·
Sir Lurksalot
668 Posts
I've had some luck with cloth paint markers on light colored vinyl. You can get them at Michael's or Joanne's. They usually carry a couple of brands but I can't remember which brand worked best for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts