One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, to all the guys out there that paint HS, I am looking for advice on color for lips and hair.

I am looking for a good blond color for hair...

as well what do most use for coloring the lips. I have tried a number of combinations of color, red,pink white etc for the lips and I just cant seem to get it right. Looking for a natural look to the lips...sort of stock(factory) look...

Here is my first custom modern bash with repainted H/S...I am in the process of redoing the h/s as it was my first and I have improved since it was done.

thanks

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Here is what I find is at least a good start:
Take 2 Parts of your FLESH and mix it with 1 PART red.
You can use this or adjust it as you see fit.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I use a mix of Vallejo flat flesh and german camo orange for lips and then go over them with pastels later. Just use whatever pastels you used on the rest of the face and you'll be fine. Checking your own lips in a mirror can be a good guide for colour. If he looks like he's been eating Heinz spaghetti you've overdone it!

How blonde do you want the hair to be? I just did some quite sandy blonde hair on my current project. I laid down a base of desert yellow and put a wash of dark earth over the top. Then I added a bit of white to the desert yellow and lightly drybrushed the highlights.

A bit of satin varnish on both lips and hair can work well but only lightly drybrush it on the hair.

CHEERS!

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,207 Posts
The great thing to remember about blonde hair is that it ain't yellow : it's a kind of straw colour : I usually use a combination of Vallejo buff , and Khaki grey with a little white added depending on how pale you want it . Avoid any real yellow pigments , and stay in the pale khaki area of the spectrum , and you'll find it looks convincing .
As to lips , I use the Vallejo transparent red , which is a strong carmine tint , and dilute it with a deep flesh colour until it looks right.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Interesting lip tip there Tony, I'll have to give that a go. Vallejo paints are the one thing I can get in great numbers.

CHEERS!

PS (Humbrol Desert Yellow isn't strictly yellow, but it works and the colour is easy to remember.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.