One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1/6 Military
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm working on a pair of kitbash Mujahideen and one of them is older. The standard 12" body is just too tall and thin for my liking and I want to modify the body to be shorter and a but chubbier. I have a few ideas of how I could do this but I was wondering if anyone has done this before or has some advice.

Right now I'm thinking that the best way to do it is to cut the legs and arms between the joint then remove some of the material, and use miliput to securely join the limbs and sculpt them so the join is invisible. I was also thinking that I might be able to use miliput to sculpt the body to be less thin but now I link it'll be easier to just bulk it the old fashioned way with tape and pillow stuffing or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (y)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
excellent tutorial from Tony Barton--

·
Registered
1/6 Military
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excellent tutorial from Tony Barton--
Perfect, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm working on a pair of kitbash Mujahideen and one of them is older. The standard 12" body is just too tall and thin for my liking and I want to modify the body to be shorter and a but chubbier. I have a few ideas of how I could do this but I was wondering if anyone has done this before or has some advice.

Right now I'm thinking that the best way to do it is to cut the legs and arms between the joint then remove some of the material, and use miliput to securely join the limbs and sculpt them so the join is invisible. I was also thinking that I might be able to use miliput to sculpt the body to be less thin but now I link it'll be easier to just bulk it the old fashioned way with tape and pillow stuffing or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've done a few figures where there was a need for this. The first thing is if you character wears boots. remove the feet and put the legs in the boot without them that will buy you anywhere from 1/2 " to 1". The other is to compare figure bodies. Some custom joints can be used to replace originals which can also by you some height. For the extra weight I have bought some figures that have extra thigh muscles with them. I have cut these and made a makeshift vest that can be wrapped around the figure. This will bulk them up in the middle and you can use the same kind of parts to bulk the arms and leges if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts