One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current boss is a German National, leaving his job here in America after three years. I want to get him a going away present: not only did he hire me and got me out of a dead-end job into a great new one, he is a cool guy, with an interest in military hobbies, etc. He comes to my office and plays with my toys, figures, etc., just to pass time.
He served in the German Army in the 90s, and I thought it would be cool to outfit a nice German Army figure up for him as a "thank you" and remembrance gift of his time here.

I thought maybe the Armoury Gerbirgsjager figure would be a solid start, but finding that seems a bit impossible at the time. So, I wondered about skipping the 90's theme, and going for a more modern German soldier.

So, what do you think? Hold out for the Armoury figure? Try to kitbash a 90's german soldier from other existing pieces? If so, what are your suggestions?

Or, go modern, and get the Tropetarn, etc. and bash up a 2006 soldier? If i go that route, what other pieces should i get? Weapons? Gear? Helmet?

Any advice is welcome.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Weird I got a deja-vu from this thread.. Anyway, try PMing 1B4, he used to be an Armoury dealer or something, so he may have a figure stashed away.

If you do decide to go the tropentarn route, open market may be the way to go, I wish I still had mine but I traded it away long ago. On eBay, the sets come up once in a blue moon, but the g36 and flecktarn riflebags are on sale constantly, so at least thats one thing out of the way.

What parts would you need to bash up a 90s German soldier? I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with that time frame. OD Battle Dress? FN FAL or G3 rifle?

Good luck with it Graeylin~

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PM sent neova..

I might just have to piece one together from the Echobase offerings. based on what's in stock, that would be a more modern one, i believe... The uniform would be Tropetarn with Flecktarn accessories.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
i'd definitely try to bash him a mini-me of a 90's era soldier's kit...it'll be a sort of mini-him. nothing beats a sentimental value of that .... and who can say they have their own action figure !! (see if you you can find a place to get a custom name printing on the cheap). i did a fig for a college friend.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the vote Gunslinger. I would prefer the 90's version.. the mini-me (mini-him) idea was my first choice. However, getting the uniform may prove impossible!

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
I think giving him a bash would be a very impressive gesture. When I was still married, some of my wifes friends would approach me to create a figure for their hubby. Good luck on the effort :thumb

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey LG, he hired me! lol He coulda not done that, and I would have stayed 7 hours away, quite a safe distance...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.