One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing last night and broke the wrist pin in one of my favorite dragon bashes. The more I tried to remove it the deeper it got stuck. Any way to remove it short of a small drill bit? thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Plastic anonymous
213 Posts
You might want to try using a needle to make a hole in the peg. Use superglue and glue the needle to the peg. Wait 20 minutes and try to yank it out.

good luck,
James.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
You can actually pry the forearm apart and pull it out, but tnaig001's tip is pretty good.
I vaguely remember doing this once, and pried the arm open just a tad and used some needle nose pliers to yank it out.

Since the wrist peg is broken, I'd take the chance to swap those dml hands for bbi g3.5 hands with the swivel wrist and gain that extra little bit of articulation.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Another way to fix this problem is if you can see the broken piece take and heat a sewing needle then push it into the stuck part of the wrist pin. Once the needle cools the wrist pin should stay stuck to it and you can pull it out.

Paul

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
my preffered method of reattaching hands that's shown me some luck- there is no need to split the arm unless you really want to. I've noticed the same problem with bbi and TT hands. All you need to do is push the post back into the arm as far as you can, and you should be able to mount a new hand in the arm hole. Sometimes you may need to do transplant surgery with a plastic rod or post form a DML hand. All you need to do is remove the post or put grooves in the rod, glue it onto the hand, and it should stay, although it may be a bit delecate

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all

I attempted several suggestions, to no avail...then got out the cordless drill and several tiny bits, cleaned the hole, and now I know enough to swap out hands and save dml wrist pins and mounts. My guy is back to holding his rfle once again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.