One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to bash myself a non-leather "Officer" Kroenen for two reasons. For one, I really don't like the all leather look and 1/6 scale leather/pleather almost never looks right to me. The other reason is that the Sideshow Officer Kroenen is ridiculous price wise if you're going to be buying one on the secondary market.

My plan is to get one of the all black SS Nazi figures from DML or DiD and just use the normal Kroenen mask from my non-Officer Kroenen figure (then you the secondary mask on the modern Kroenen). The problem is... I have no idea what, if any, Nazi crusher hats would fit over that mask. It's a real sticking point as the whole thing sort of falls apart without the hat.

·
Top Shelf & to the Front
868 Posts
I had the same problem when I bashed my Kroenen. I purchased the ITPT officers set and a DID cermonial guard set to use. The crusher works fine, but it's a little small to fit over his mask.

I have several different crushers from various companies (DID, Newline, Circle Home and Onesixth Unique) , I'll check to see if any of them fit.

Hope this helps.

David

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update. I ordored a bunch of stuff from war-toys.

I actually already have these boots, in fact I also have a pair for my modern Kroenen which replaced the In The Past Toys boots he has in the above pics.

I'll take pics this weekend (or maybe tonight) of the project as it stands.
So far it's worked out amazingly well. The youth belt and shoulder strap fit fine, and the hat looks great... although I did have to split it up the back. So it looks great from the front or like 3/4 but obviously not so great from the back. I don't mind at all really and it's the best solution at the moment.

Put the whole thing on a Hot Toys body (started with a Dragon body but the shoulder and neck movement just isn't up to snuff). I'm also contemplating cutting the shirt down to a dickie and removing the lining from the coat to cut down on the puffyness, especially after I add a coat over this all. Speaking of which... anyone happen to have a suggestion for a coat? Otherwise I may just go with a nazi Greatcoat. There was something else I wanted to ask but hell if I can remember what.

The plan now with modern Kroenen is to go with his Sewer look with the face shaped mask and the seperate suit and hood with red trim. Which means I need to pick up a Triad male wetsuit (which is more film accurate anywho).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.