One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. This is a Navy Seal that I have bashed together using the Very Hot Seal CQB set. I used the back of the box to put him together, so I'm not entirely sure it's accurate.

Very Hot uniform and equipment, Hot Toys body, DML head. I repainted the head using acrylics and pastels. Everything was weathered, also using acrylics and pastels.

I'm still learning with this modern stuff...there are so many parts! I hope he passes muster. Special thanks to Don (Migo11) for answering my ignorant questions about modern stuff. Any comments/criticisms always very much welcomed so I can learn from my mistakes.

Thanks,
doug

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks pretty good, is he carrying two pistols though? And two long guns? You could swap out that M9 for a P226. I like the weathering.
Thanks, guys. One of those guns is a shotgun, which came with the set. As for the pistols...I agree. But the figure came with spots for two of them, which is a bit strange.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Excellent work, the head repaint and weathered kit looks superb.

Do you have to apply any spray on the pastels so it doesn't rub off. Cannot remember the specific term of the spray.

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excellent work, the head repaint and weathered kit looks superb.

Do you have to apply any spray on the pastels so it doesn't rub off. Cannot remember the specific term of the spray.
Yes, indeed. I use Testor's "Dull Cote," which I believe is the common spray that is used to seal h/s after painting/chalking.

Thanks again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts