One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,200 Posts
He's looking good , Yanick .

Is there some unfinished work to do at the bottom of the trousers ? It looks as though you are still working on the gaiters .
Some technical points : the plume you have is for the Centre companies , but the wings are for the flank companies ( the Grenadier and Light Companies ) . Since the Light Company was sent down first to Hougomont , you could paint the plume green and solve the problem !
Secondly , the Guards had plain white lace , so you need to paint out the little blue embroidered lines.
Apart from those little things , he's looking good : I like the HS ! You have made an excellent job of the shako .

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Looks good, particularly the shako.
If you go with light co., then the chords would also be green. If you go with a white only plume, then it would be a grenadier and the chords would be white as in your figure.
In the references the overalls had a flap front. Not a perfect match but the DID Dick pants, painted gray are an alternative. I tried bleaching them and they go from green to VERY dark gray!)
As one who tries to bash some Napoleonics, I know how tough it is to get all the details in line. Do no know how to get a Coldstream breast plate but that would ba another great addition to your fine figure.
E

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,200 Posts
Eduardo's right about the green cords for the Light Company : but...
Napoleonic uniforms are always complicated by different things being worn at different times :this uniform is the official one , but at Waterloo the Guards were wearing their oilcloth cap covers ( the weather had been very bad overnight) , and the Coldstream were actually wearing white linen trousers , many of them with the bottoms of the trousers inside the short black gaiters.
The Cap Plate was also quite distinctive , with the Garter Star , which also appeared on the shoulder belt plate. I might be persuaded to make these items....if you are very good !
The white overall trousers could be provided by getting the trousers from the DiD " Bruce " figure : these are available at some of the part stores .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts