One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We Wish these Wayward Warriors a Happy Birthday---

Numbrsix, Marshaller (54), Hewer (44), hellfest416 (40), and blojos (26)

And now on to Name that Movie! Here's the pic---

Now let's see those guesses! :thumb​

·
Registered
799 Posts
The Wild Geese- one of the best films ever made about mercenaries, perhaps second to Seven Samurai, up there with Dark Of The Sun:thumb

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,925 Posts
Yeah, I was going to say Wild Geese. Or Raid on Entebbe.

CHEERS!
--

Raid on Entebbe?

I'm afraid your "film card" needs to be revoked and burned.

;) :p

·
Music City Bacon
1,717 Posts
Niiiiiiice..... loved that movie as a kid.... Roger Moore was awesome... but Hardy Kruger was seriously cool... loved his crossbow... such a great film... as a side note.. the leader of 5 Commando (the group the film was based on) was Mike Hoare.. My father corresponded with him and his wife for years.. He has some original patches for the 5 Commando group which his wife sent him back in the 80's.. as well as a few letters and autographs.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,925 Posts
I remember the WILD GEESE fondly.

We moved to a small town in Georgia. The film opened in the cinema near a main highway near downtown. My father is an old school Richard Burton and Roger Moore fan. The whole family went to it on a Sunday matinee. As a kid, I wonder how/why 007 was in a film not as a spy. My English comprehension then was not that great. When I got older I saw the film again when aired as a 8 PM film on a local television station some years later and I better understood the film's premise, characters, and nuances.

I need to check out the Blu-Ray version. I'm sure my father will like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts