One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me indentify this chest rig ? Thanks alot!

I am assuming it is fictional and largely based on this one .

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
I wouldn't say it's based off the rig in the picture you posted, as that's an AK Chicom rig, to my eyes anyway.
It can be tough to get an exact match to something made in a video game, but I did a quick search, found a couple things that may be useful.
E L37-11 1/6 scale action figure Modern military Chest Rig | eBay
ARMSHEAD 1/6 Scale Soldier Black Chest Rig Hanging F/12" Action Figure Body | eBay
There's quite the mish-mash of gear in the rendering, do you have any information about it, such as the source, or timeframe it's supposed to be set?
A lot of the gear on the belt seems to be 'Nam era, or similar, but the chest rig more modern.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The lower belt that this guy is wearing under the chestrig is interesting. I might be reading too much into this, but it doesn't look like he is also wearing suspenders, so the lower belt is attached to the rig with built in loops. I would guess it is possibly a Russian "Lifchik" type assault rig, or also very possibly the chicom rig mentioned above.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't say it's based off the rig in the picture you posted, as that's an AK Chicom rig, to my eyes anyway.
It can be tough to get an exact match to something made in a video game, but I did a quick search, found a couple things that may be useful.
E L37-11 1/6 scale action figure Modern military Chest Rig | eBay
ARMSHEAD 1/6 Scale Soldier Black Chest Rig Hanging F/12" Action Figure Body | eBay
There's quite the mish-mash of gear in the rendering, do you have any information about it, such as the source, or timeframe it's supposed to be set?
A lot of the gear on the belt seems to be 'Nam era, or similar, but the chest rig more modern.
Yah, i think so too, i think the certain pieces such as the rig or the radio (kinda 1993-ish) are too advanced for such year of 1986. The guy is kinda a mix of Nam and a little bit modern era.

·
Ranger
1,151 Posts
OK, I don't know about the top pic, looks like something thrown together. The guy in the bottom pic has a standard CHICOM AK-47 rig with M16 mags. He doesn't look like he's wearing suspender because he's added a STABO (Stabilized Body Operation) rig. The belt and suspenders are all attached. For those not familiar, it was a method of extraction. You had leg straps (which were usually rolled and taped until you needed them) that made a harness that allowed you to be extracted by helicopter. Hope this helps. 1428452-236325787tazacw_ph.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts