One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
YPRES
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

I have just uploaded two pictures of my kitbash. A SOF in Nam. Face painted with real army camou cream. Armed with AK to confuse enemy when engaged in firefight and also ease of supply along Ho Chi Minh when gathering intelligence. It is in gallery under category Vietnam and etc. Hope you all like it. I can't post it here cos I don't know how to resize the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
it's nice looking one only i think you need to put the crossing webbing on the back of ak vest, well at least that is what i do, but who knows maybe i am wrong :p and thanks for posting that tigerstripe i saw it somewhere and i think i am going to pick it up :D

·
YPRES
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Will do something about the kind suggestion on wearing the AK chest rig. I think the lighting effect makes the black looks blue. I read somewhere that South Vietnamese Marine Tigerstripes have a blue tinge in its black colour, it was also worn by US Marine advisor attached to South Vietnamese Marine battalions.

·
YPRES
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the way, the figure is actually DML/Dragon Angsar, a German soldat turned US SOF. Chose him because he got a sharp look. Face was actually applied with a camouflage cream which comes in a tube made in USA. The brand name is HUNTER'S SPECIALITIES, comes in black and green colours. You can look for it in www.hunterspec.com. Simply apply it straight from the tube with a paint brush. A few coats are necessary. Finally sealed it with a layer of gloss paint from model spray can paint. Hope the tip helps.:chainsaw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts