One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My newest Phicen, SHI might be the best one yet. I'm very impressed with one! I will let the photos do all the talking this time.

She came in the mail yesterday,

This is the only thing I don't like about this figure!

Last week when I went to eBay & went to the Phicen section on January 29 (a daily routine) I found this figure right at the top of the listing for $149.99 + FREE SHIPPING & in stock - in country, most of the of sellers have her listed for around $180.00 & at least two week arrival time. (yeah right, scam?) The seller has a 100% Positive feedback with 4302 rating (at that time) + a Top Rated Plus icon from eBay. So I decided to take chance & ordered her. They sold 5 items in few hours, then later that night they raised the price $189.99 & added 5 more items, now they are selling them for more then the other sellers. Ok what is going on here? So I checked PayPal & I found everything on schedule. The next day they raised there price to $199.99 (really) Now there price is back to normal. I'm really glad that I ordered her now!

Phicen Shi 1 6th Scale Seamless Action Figure in Country | eBay

Any questions or comments?

Thanks for looking

Baddog

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Re: My very first Phicen stainless steel body (SHI)

show you how much I must think of the SS. I love these figures so much that I don't mind that they cannot stand on their own. if you had told me a few months ago i would love Phicen figures this much I would not have believed it. they are just the best female figures ever made in my opinion . no other female figures come close for me. I will be getting this figure soon and from your pictures I know I will not be disappointed. these have become the figures I look most to receiving even more than my Hot Toys and for me that is saying a lot. looks like another grand slam by Phicen. congragulation phicen you made a fan out of me.
:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts

SO . . .

Some of us will be paying to buy a 1:6 female figure that cannot stand on her own?

I have very mixed feelings about this right now.

The two head sculpts pictures thus far are OK, but again . . . she can't stand on her own?

I'm not going to accept/buy the steel frame skeleton limitation as an explanation right now.

PHICEN designed the figure that is in essence is a very action pose character, but cannot stand on her own?

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

show you how much I must think of the SS. I love these figures so much that I don't mind that they cannot stand on their own. if you had told me a few months ago i would love Phicen figures this much I would not have believed it. they are just the best female figures ever made in my opinion . no other female figures come close for me. I will be getting this figure soon and from your pictures I know I will not be disappointed. these have become the figures I look most to receiving even more than my Hot Toys and for me that is saying a lot. looks like another grand slam by Phicen. congragulation phicen you made a fan out of me.
:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo
Yes I will agree with you, these are very Nice Phicen's. :hifive

On a side note.

A little prediction I made last summer about Phicen. In the Fire Red Rose thread.

I can't wait to see what the PHICEN'S will look like by the summer of 2015!
I bet they will be amazing! It starting to look like I was right!

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...5741-phicen-1-6-fire-red-rose-white-rose.html

·
Registered
700 Posts

"PHICEN designed the figure that is in essence is a very action pose character, but cannot stand on her own?"

You can wait until they improve this and then decide to buy them.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

SO . . .

Some of us will be paying to buy a 1:6 female figure that cannot stand on her own?

The two head sculpts pictures thus far are OK, but again . . . she can't stand on her own?

I'm not going to accept/buy the steel frame skeleton limitation as an explanation right now.

PHICEN designed the figure that is in essence is a very action pose character, but cannot stand on her own?
Yeah I had my reservations about this figure too but when I found her on eBay for around $150.00 + free shipping was just too much temptation to pass up. This might be my last SS body for now or until Phicen fixes those silly feet problems or add knee high boots that will work with the Phicen stainless steel bodies.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts

when I think of all the lousy female figures that I have bought over the years, and if the only gripe I have, (which is all I have at the moment) is the fact she has to have a stand to stand I can live with that with no problem. this is visually, and the most posable pleasing figure I have ever had. so for the moment I can live with the fact that she can't stand on her own. they are still for me the best female bodies ever made bar none. for those who can't live with that don't buy it eventually phicen will make the SS that can stand on her own. me? I can't wait that long I am having too muich 1/6 fun with these bodies.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

This specific time around, I think the "standing up" thing is mostly irrelevant. This is Shi. She's not even wearing shoes (just a stocking thing); and in most martial poses, her feet are always going to be arched. So there probably isn't a female action figure in the world that could stand up on its own in that situation (except maybe Triad's magnet feet if they had ever worked right). So we might as well accept that this one is going to need support.

That's not an excuse for the Phicen SS body generally not standing up when it's sold for general purposes. At least wearing flat shoes a female figure should be able to stand up on its own, like eg HT can and Phicen can't. But for Shi, it's moot.

This is a great figure, nicer than I expected to see. Nice pics, Baddog-787, and great coup on that unlikely to be repeated price, nicely done.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

I'm really sorry that BADDOG-787's original post seems to be sliding sideways in the wake of pissing and moaning.

Let's make sure we all wet on his enthusiasm... All together now.

·
Batmanila
850 Posts

This is the first Phicen figure that I seriously considered to buy. Unfortunately, my local retailer is not carrying it. (Buying online is a hassle since I have to pick up the package in the Customs office.)

@Baddog:
1. Is the neck long? In one of your pictures, it appears that the head is sitting very high on the neck.
2. Is the unpainted head sculpt really shiny?
3. Can you post more pictures in different positions? Thanks!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts

The giraffe neck appearance is likely due to the headsculpt not being down/flush with the neck post's ball joint onto the head.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts

that is a very nice figure. a great addition to your collection enjoy it.

G

·

SO . . .

I agree. The headsculpts and outfit look nice, but an action figure that can't stand up, or be posed standing without a doll/figure stand, and is still high priced. Easy pass for me.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts

I'm really sorry that BADDOG-787's original post seems to be sliding sideways in the wake of pissing and moaning.

Let's make sure we all wet on his enthusiasm... All together now.
:agree:agree:agreethe guy comes on wanting to show off his new aquisition and immediately people have to come out and start raining on his parade. I think it is a fantastic figure and can't wait for Cotsworld or Monkey depot to get this bad boy (or should I say bad girl) in. I don't care who don't like it or the negetavive comments. I love the new SS and is green with envy because I don't have this figure...yet!!! only a matter of time baby...just a matter of time. going to have plenty of 1/6 adventures with this.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Mine is still in its box. I'll be doing a full review of it. But time is limited for me and will be doing it in parts (like my comparison review of the Phicen body).

I'll be posting the box review soon for anyone interested. :)

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts

Looks good to me! Very nice headsculpts, and the extras mean you get a bonus head for your money. It's unfortunate that she requires a doll stand, but I'll probably remedy that on mine with a quick body swap. I may be re-purposing boots from an older BBi Shi figure, but we'll see. Are those foot coverings just socks/stockings or do they have structure in them?

Also, what are the quality of the swords and naginata like? I was pretty disappointed with the katana from the Schoolmiss figure, which was floppy and very soft plastic. Don't recall being terribly impressed with the sword from the Huntress figure, but to be honest I've only paid cursory attention to her so far.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thank you everyone for the comments good or bad, I respect everyone's opinion. There are some that really like the figure like I do (I'm looking forward to seeing your figures) & there are some not so much. I have seen some post that were much worse then this one, so thank you for keeping it civil. Personally I think this is an very amazing figure, she poses very smoothly & quieter with out that without the annoying clicking sound like the Phicen's older bodies. For those not planning to get this figure, you are really missing out on a very fine SHI figure even though she can't stand on he own, which means more loose parts for me later yeah thank you.

I think Moonbase Alpha Male summed it up the best, this is Shi after all & thank you for the nice comment.

@ Masamune, Moonbase Alpha Male & dadrab- Thank you for the support, it is very much appreciated.

@ marakep. I don't think you can go wrong with these newer Phicen figures.

1. Is the neck long? In one of your pictures, it appears that the head is sitting very high on the neck. possible the head wasn't push down all the way in the last two photos, otherwise the head fits down nicely to the body.

2. Is the unpainted head sculpt really shiny? not really about the same as the older Phicen head sculpt, it probably was from the camera flash.

3. Can you post more pictures in different positions? Thanks! I'll try.

@ DeltaForceChung. thank for the help.

@ Masamune. thanks I will. Please post photos of your SHI figure when you can.

@ doodlehobby. I'll be posting the box review soon for anyone interested. I am!

@ edwick. Are those foot coverings just socks/stockings or do they have structure in them? Well it feels like little shoes inside the socks/stockings.

Also, what are the quality of the swords and naginata like? I was pretty disappointed with the katana from the Schoolmiss figure, which was floppy and very soft plastic. Don't recall being terribly impressed with the sword from the Huntress figure.

Her weapons look really nice but they could be a bit stiffer. Her sai's seem to be the best, I am not impressed with her flag set. Yeah I know what you mean about the Huntress sword, I wasn't either

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

Well, Shi happens! :wink

·
Registered
3,710 Posts

Shi looks good. Can't wait for mine to arrive. Here's hoping they offer the kimono one they showed at all the conventions, or at least offer the kimono (can always pick up a separate body).

1 - 20 of 79 Posts