One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What shirt / top / bra is this?

BTW, amazing work. Going to try a custom of her myself, and I can only hope it comes out this good.
Thanks. I'll be looking forward to seeing yours :D

About the bras, both bras in the first and second picture were made from an old shirt, but in the second picture I tried copying the style of the Phicen S06.

Reference:

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Thank you, as for the head sculpt, it was all I could find locally, so it'll have to do for now.

I agree, a head sculpt with bigger eyes, a shorter face, and maybe darker hair would look a lot better, thank you for your suggestion. :)
The figure came out really well. Post header "My very first custom" may hint a request that "critics please be gentle" :wink -- not needed, the figure is excellent.

As to the headsculpt I like the one you used. In a case like this the decision you have to make is stylistic. You can choose to represent the character full on anime/manga with a sculpt from OE, Obitsu and others. Or you can convert the character to more Hot Toys photorealistic. I think the sculpt you're using is nicely balanced inbetween. If you want to darken the hair there are ways to do that without changing the sculpt.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The figure came out really well. Post header "My very first custom" may hint a request that "critics please be gentle" :wink -- not needed, the figure is excellent.

As to the headsculpt I like the one you used. In a case like this the decision you have to make is stylistic. You can choose to represent the character full on anime/manga with a sculpt from OE, Obitsu and others. Or you can convert the character to more Hot Toys photorealistic. I think the sculpt you're using is nicely balanced inbetween. If you want to darken the hair there are ways to do that without changing the sculpt.
Thank you so much for your kind words :notworthy
I was a bit unsure about the head sculpt, but I think its starting to grow on me from certain angles.

About darkening the hair, I have no idea how to do that, would you mind giving a few pointers?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That is a great first figure. Like all the work you did on the boots and skirt. Very well done.
Thank you so much. I've failed several times with skirt, the first ones didn't fit so well, and had to try with a few different materials.

Thank you, this really means a lot :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Having just watched Advent Children You really have to do Tifa from AC I bet it wood look as good if not better then this one... (not that there is anything wrong with this one) .... she just looks so cutely bad ass

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Having just watched Advent Children You really have to do Tifa from AC I bet it wood look as good if not better then this one... (not that there is anything wrong with this one) .... she just looks so cutely bad ass
I can't say for certain, but perhaps in due time

Looks perfect! Great job! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Just finished with the metal guards that go on the left elbow and boot.

They're made from a thin piece of metal, and the protrusions/rivets are rounded copper nail heads. Now all that's left is to paint them.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts