One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I've been browsing OSW for a while now, and recently decided to join. The contents here are very impressive and inspirational, that I wanted to try making my very first custom.

So here's Tifa Lockhart from the video game Final Fantsy VII, trying to replicate her original costume. Here's the process.

Testing the skirt:

Trying the arm gloves and belt:

Suspenders and tank top:

Boots and gloves:

Everything put together:

Reference:

Parts List:
Head Sculpt: Dreamer DR001
Hair Band: Twist ties
Body: Phicen S04B (Pale skin/Large bust)
Tank Top: MC Toys white tank top
Arm Gloves: Sewn from spandex
Suspenders & Belt: Leather strips
Buckles/Rivets/clips: Bent paper clips/flat pin heads/metal zip ties
Skirt: sewn from spandex
Socks: Sewn from an old pair of socks
Gloves: Phicen Robyn Hood
Green gems: Hot glue beads
Boots: KGB Hobby Black Berci Combat Boots

It's still incomplete though, still missing a few items, but hope you guys like it. Your feedback, recommendations, and guidance would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I love it !!! I think it's the simplest bashes that come out the best because you can replicate it if you so desire at a modest price,and I really enjoyed your presentation,so pat yourself on the back.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Great job on the costume! It's really coming along! Have you settled on that headsculpt? Seems like a head with bigger eyes and a less long face would work even better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love it !!! I think it's the simplest bashes that come out the best because you can replicate it if you so desire at a modest price,and I really enjoyed your presentation,so pat yourself on the back.
I'm glad you liked it, thank you for your kind words. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great job on the costume! It's really coming along! Have you settled on that headsculpt? Seems like a head with bigger eyes and a less long face would work even better.
Thank you, as for the head sculpt, it was all I could find locally, so it'll have to do for now.

I agree, a head sculpt with bigger eyes, a shorter face, and maybe darker hair would look a lot better, thank you for your suggestion. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She was always my favourite character are you going to make the advent children version too? I love the outfit
Thank you, she's my favourite character from childhood too. :)

As for the AC version, I've had a few thoughts too, but as I'm fairly new at this hobby, so I think it's going to be a lot more difficult for me to achieve that look costume wise.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Not bad! Pretty timing to.Because the remake of FF7 is coming up soon for the PS4. Excellent work on Tifa.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
You could try one of the less anime-like Volks Dolfie heads... they have the larger eyes and less realistic features, but aren't as anime or manga like as some of the Japanese figures out there. Orrrr, you could go for one of the Kumik Asian heads (if you can get one to match the bod) and have a Japanese or Korean cosplayer?

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Great rendition of Tifa! I can hear that FF7 music in my head now. :)

You could try one of the less anime-like Volks Dolfie heads... they have the larger eyes and less realistic features, but aren't as anime or manga like as some of the Japanese figures out there. Orrrr, you could go for one of the Kumik Asian heads (if you can get one to match the bod) and have a Japanese or Korean cosplayer?
FF7 was actually totally anime, although this is a great suggestion for a cosplay figure.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Attaboy. She turned out very nicely.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, I'll look into these :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts