One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fan of classic characters like Boba Fett, Vader, Indiana Jones & Rick Deckard from Blade Runner. They all seem to have that "coolness" factor that makes me want action figures of them. They have interesting weapons and/or gear and they all have a powerful prescence.

For me, rarely does a modern character really capture my interest like the characters of my childhood do. I think the last character to appeal to me on that level was Jack Sparrow. The moment I saw The Dark Knight, I knew I wanted a Joker. Ledger's Joker definitely has that "coolness" factor whether it be his smeared facepaint, his weapons and gear, his amazing dialogue in the film or even his outfit (which very much reminded me of Rick Deckard), whatever the case, I knew I wanted a figure of The Joker on my shelf!

I saw my chance when I found a DC Direct Joker at Books-A-Million for a grand total of $95.33. It's a cool figure, but he is the tallest figure I think I've ever owned and I disliked his hair sculpt. Finally, I just decided to use him as fodder for my own custom version. I cut the head and neck off together as one piece and mounted it on a Dragon body. It works out well because the shirt & tie will cover up the Dragon neck attachment completely & with the DC Direct neckjoint, it's like the figure has extra poseability between the two. I completely resculpted the hair to give it a more unkept wavy look & I reworked the scars some. So far, I've repainted the headsculpt & I added the DC Direct clothing which I plan on altering some of them & ditching some of them for something else. It's still very much a WIP, I plan on adding the grenades in his jacket & doing a bit more work on the headsculpt & clothing. I did make a custom sawed-off shotgun & a knife for him.

Here's the body i used:

The trenchcoat & pants are definitely too long on him right now. I'll either rework them or replace them in the future. I'm also planning on better gloved hands.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's awesome, dctrainer! How'd you do it? Is the armor fully removal or did you have to cut and glue them? did you alter it to fit the HT true-type figure? The scale looks good. Coz I thought the legs on the DC direct batman was just HUGE. What inner body suit did you use on batman? Your version is probably more articulate than HT's 'rubber suit' armor.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Great upgrades! I like the resculpted hair on the Joker.

Quick question - how did you guys mount the DC Direct hands onto the Dragon body? I have upgraded my DC Direct to a Hot Toys body, but I'm having trouble getting the hands to fit on the Hot Toys wrist pegs (the holes in the hands are too large). I was thinking about putting some poster mounting putty into the wrist peg, but wanted to know what others have done first.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rogerbee - Yes, that's the one!

Gregorbian - I just cut the neck part off and glued it onto the Dragon head mount. It worked perfectly & adds some extra range of motion for the head. I used some of the newer BBI handmounts for the DC Direct gloved hands & they fit well (although I may trade them out later for differetn hands & connectors)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Heath Joker

Some good work there. I also used the DC Direct Joker and bashed it with our own sculpt (IKE-CON). I don't mind the clothes, I just added a belt, chain and some customized weapons as well. I also made the gloves darker, though they don't show like it in these pics. The body, though quirky, is tall and lanky like Heath is, it wasn't out of line, so we kept it. I did just get a hold of the Hot Toys outfit, so I will also play with that. Most of it is a nicer quality, but some of it isn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Where to get the DC Direct Joker for $45? Can u PM me?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.