One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched a special on the SF on the Discovery Channel and got real motivated to get one done.
Had a problem on my first ACU order but got it together. Hope that you all like it.

HS, Body, Shemagh, M4, Boots, Vest- SS
ACU- ACE
Dropdown- HT Marine

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Very cool! I did some guys very similar to this earlier this year but used Soldier Story ACUs and the green version of the Wasatch(?) vest.

Honestly, I like yours better.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greatly appreciate the feedback fellas. I dont usually weather because sometimes I like the clean look, but I felt I had to on this one. The pose is not so stable and requires the stand as I broke his foot when putting his boots on. He actually tumbled as I was setting up to take pics, but fortunately no permanent damage.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Looks pretty cool to me.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
He looks pretty cool Tatuued, and the weathering on adds to him in my opinion. Looks like he's been on a length patrol or living based from a far out cop or fob away from amenities and the like.

What did you use to weather? looks like a bit of acrylic or something, if you wet the uniform and sand away at it lightly, it should yield a nice dusty appearance. Test it out first though.

Also, if you post a picture of the broken foot, maybe someone could give a suggestion as to how to fix it.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Saiko, I initially sanded the uniform down with fine grade sandpaper and then used chalk pastels with a clear coat dull spray sealer. The foot seems to be holding up even when I take it off of the stand, but I usually keep em on a stand with two cats who love to jump on my display table.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.