One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20171229_231915.jpg
20171229_223720.jpg
The catsuit is 4 way pleather by Triad Toys. I've have had this for 5 years and it's still holding up. No peeling or wearing out. The only parts from the Star Aces figure are the arm sleeves, jacket and stand.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,872 Posts

The catsuit is 4 way pleather by Triad Toys. I've have had this for 5 years and it's still holding up. No peeling or wearing out. The only parts from the Star Aces figure are the arm sleeves, jacket and stand.
--

Not bad at all.

I own quite a few of those suits (all still mint in package/never opened/removed from package) by Triad from back in the day. The ones I opened/used still hold up to this day. That is one few items Triad designed and produced right and well worth the $.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
--

Not bad at all.

I own quite a few of those suits (all still mint in package/never opened/removed from package) by Triad from back in the day. The ones I opened/used still hold up to this day. That is one few items Triad designed and produced right and well worth the $.
I miss a lot of their item. Their female boots and a lot of their first outfits were very good. I still own a lot of them. Glad I never got rid of them. All that stuff is hard to find now. And most of what's available is of poor quality. And Hot Toys is still using cheap materials on their expensive figures. I would never buy any of their figures outfitted in cheap pleather. Heartbreaking to spend so much money just to have it peel in your hands.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Selene looks great. I haven't made one yet (though I got the rooted hair head sculpt), but this would doubtless serve as the inspiration for it. Triad made plenty of nice stuff, but just in case, a warning: at least in my experience, much of their darker clothing would stain any plastic that it comes into contact with.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brother, that looks fantastic. Best Selene I've seen so far. Boy do I miss Triads clothing line. Again, great job my friend. It the market offerings looked this good, I would have purchased it for sure. Nice to see you here buddy.

AFM
Thanks, good to be back and have most of my collection out of storage. I missed it. It's great to update it with little details. I don't know how long this Star Ace jacket will last, but I still have the Triad coat as back up. It didn't have the correct collar or embossed design, but it hasn't peeled either.

Thanks guys for the comments. She's one of my favorite.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Very nice, brings back lot's of Selene memories.
What body are you using?

That looks like Kai's head. I used to have one of those.
Pretty good likeness. I just wish Kai did a bald version so real hair could be added.
I think it would have looked so much better.

I still have the Triad leather coat though. Like others have said, some of their products
were pretty dang good. My jacket is still in perfect condition after all these years.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice, brings back lot's of Selene memories.
What body are you using?

That looks like Kai's head. I used to have one of those.
Pretty good likeness. I just wish Kai did a bald version so real hair could be added.
I think it would have looked so much better.

I still have the Triad leather coat though. Like others have said, some of their products
were pretty dang good. My jacket is still in perfect condition after all these years.
Thanks IKE-CON. Yes, Kai's Sculpture. I forgot the name. The hair in front broke on mine, so I just filed it and painted it, lol. The body was put together 5 years ago, so it's probably A Triad Alpha. That was I was using back then. Or a Cy-Girl, used those a lot too.

·
Where's your God now, Forrest?
337 Posts
Great to see your 'Kai head' Selene again, Toylion. I still have mine on display and (touch wood) the Triad catsuit is holding up well. :)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Here's a photo of the one I had. On alpha with the Triad black gloved hand-sets and
Triad Catsuit. Though I did use a dollfigures coat on it.

SELENE FINAL 5 (2).jpg
That Kai head is what, 5-6 years old? We should start a "Post a picture of your Selene" thread.
Since there are many more out there now. :thumb

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great Selene Toylion,
I actually had someone looking for those boots you have on yours....Had to dig a pair from my personal stash for them which were from the production run TBLeague did for me long ago.
Does your boots have the knife holster sewn on them or without?

SMcG
smcgcustoms.com

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great Selene Toylion,
I actually had someone looking for those boots you have on yours....Had to dig a pair from my personal stash for them which were from the production run TBLeague did for me long ago.
Does your boots have the knife holster sewn on them or without?

SMcG
smcgcustoms.com
I got one of the first pair you offered. Before the TBL Selene. Never noticed a knife holster.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts