One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fear is not an Option!
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finaly found some time to take the next step in my project. This was a gift 2-3 years ago at Christmas. I started to rip into to and then a move and surgery has put this and many other projects on hold for nearly a year.

Any-how, The first picture is the Jeep with its orignal wheels and tires. I had made several modification to the body and interior at this point but I felt the original wheels and tires where to big and wide and very unrealistc even for a bash. I took the tires I use for my Deuce trucks and drilled out the centers to receive the rims from the original tires. Took some time to get the orignal rims off the tires and mounted with the new tires. I think it came out great and is a better look then the originals. Your thoughts! There are a few more things I need to do before it is finshed but that was a major step to getting there. Thanks for looking

Attachments

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Hey, I remember this project. Great to see you back at it.

·
Fear is not an Option!
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the great comments! I was glad to get back to it and getting it finished very soon. Still need to add some plate armour in the front and on the windshield. Then weather it some more and finaly add a ton of gear all over the place.

Will post progress.

Again, thank you all for your support! You are a great bunch troopers

Chris

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Is this what they refer to as 'gleaming the Rubicon'!? It looks great and I can't wait to see what it looks like finished. If it's still RC, you should take some video of it and put it on Youtube.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Is that the black rubicon that was sold at Walmart between 1-2 years ago? I picked up one and then 2 of the same-size pickups when they dropped to $20 just after Christmas last year. Except for making a little more room for the feet, nothing had to be done to the rubicon. On one of the pickups I removed the chassis and within a three-day period built a "scout car" (a wooden box with a 50-hole on top) that my son loves.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Picked the Rubicon up at a Big Lots for 40 bucks clearance just before Christmas this year.I'd love to do something with it like you've done with yours.

·
Fear is not an Option!
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tpao5, this was the grey w/black trim version. Got it at Target 2-3 years ago for $30. Wish I haad picked up one of the trucks as well. :cry

Thanks for looking and for the kind words.

chris

Attachments

G

·
I love the Jeep its nice..Love the smaller wheels looks a lot better. You gonna drop the frame lower? It will look better lower and are you gonna make a shield for the Inner wheel well?

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Looking good, I like the idea of changing the tires.

·
Medic
2,882 Posts
What a great improvement over the original, Chris! I look forward to seeing the finishing details.

- Ian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice one OC Bubba....how i wish this is on sale in my part of the world......it will be a great vehicle for my CIAs or PMCs....

Hope u are going to add more details to the interior. Can u show a pix on the interior on your next post???

Gud job and hope to see more of this awesome vehicle....

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
wow....now i know what i can do with mine.got it at biglots as well.has that scruffy 'mad max' vibe to it.hmm...TOW launcher or recoiless rifle in back? or just a carload of PMCs loaded for bear?i like the weapons rack you put in back.nice ride.

·
1:6 Enthusiast
202 Posts
I agree, that looks awesome with the different tires. Nice work!

I too picked one up this year before Christmas at Big Lots for $40. Another member referred me to this project's earlier thread for pics of where to cut for my troopers feet. Thanks for that. :)

Can you drop the frame at all? I don't know if you want to - just wondering if it's possible now that you have those tires on.

Again, outstanding project and thanks for the update.

Jim
F210

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.