One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put it together last night, not too difficult, lots of futzing with the loin cloth and groin armour, but it all fits fine. The leg holes in the netting are too small to put the shins on after the knee guards, but the good news is the knee guards are easier.
The toughest bit believe it or not was the shin guards, they are like second skin tight!, put in boiling water for a few seconds and they went on fine in the end.
Articulation below the waist is much better, but the neck is pretty restricted by the plasma cannon, but you'll deffinetly get any movie poses with ease.
This is the most impressive Predator figure so far without doubt. A bona fide work of art boys!

Pics were taken hastily on my dining room table for your viewing delectation, will take some better ones for the review which I'm doing as we speak

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
After seeing what they'd done with the other Predators, I wasn't holding out much hope for this, but, it ROCKS!!

This has to be one of the best Predators I've seen. It blows any previous HT one into the weeds! Kudos to HT for doing this, but why save the best figure for a Pred that has the least screen time!? For the money you pay they should ALL be as good as this one.

I'm a wee bit green now

CHEERS!

·
Unwell
1,729 Posts
Thanks for the advice on putting him together, Wookster -and for all the great photos as well. I got mine last night and will put him together this weekend. This is definitely the best Predator figure released to date, which is saying a lot after the excellent prior Predator 2. I can't wait for Hot Toys to do the ugly m*****f***** from the first movie.

Nick

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Oh man... I don't know how I feel about this but I just realized something. The "Elder Predator" from the end of Predator 2 is pretty much exactly the Predator 1 suit with some extra straps, belts, skulls, beads, ect added and slightly different hair.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
dedguy said:
Oh man... I don't know how I feel about this but I just realized something. The "Elder Predator" from the end of Predator 2 is pretty much exactly the Predator 1 suit with some extra straps, belts, skulls, beads, ect added and slightly different hair.
You are correct, sir! According to the Special Features disk on the Predator 2 DVD, the FX guys used the very same suit Kevin Peter Hall wore in the first movie to create the Elder at the end of the second movie. They added some spikes to and repainted the head, and added some new details to the body suit & armor. It was basically a Hollywood repaint.

·
Huge Predator Mark
125 Posts
i just got mine a few hours ago. anyone else notice how his left gauntlet has a hinged faceplate on it underneath the wrapping? hmmmm... i wonder if they were planning this predator 1 thing all along...

and ooooh man, look out for that shin armor. i sanded off the "spikes" on his calves AND warmed up the armor, and still didn't get them on all the way, or avoid bunching up his netting. close enough, but it limits the ankle articulation a little. overall though, this figure really is near perfect.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Well I think it would have been crazy for them to do the Pred2 Elder and not do the Pred 1 as they're so damn similar. I'll almost definitely be getting Pred1. The Elder looks so damn good. As I've said many times before the proportions look so much better than previous Predator figures.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ridetofight said:
i just got mine a few hours ago. anyone else notice how his left gauntlet has a hinged faceplate on it underneath the wrapping? hmmmm... i wonder if they were planning this predator 1 thing all along...

and ooooh man, look out for that shin armor. i sanded off the "spikes" on his calves AND warmed up the armor, and still didn't get them on all the way, or avoid bunching up his netting. close enough, but it limits the ankle articulation a little. overall though, this figure really is near perfect.
I popped my shin guards in boiling water for a few seconds till they went very 'rubbery' then they slipped on fine. Deffinetly the toughest part of the build though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.