One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As part of my modern British collection, I've been, for the past two years, slowly collecting and kitbashing a mounted Household Cavalry trooper of the lifeguards. In the process I've amassed various bits of kit to ALMOST complete a second trooper. I first wanted to do a black trooper to reflect the multicultural modern British army but then when I (totally by mistake) ruined my Michael Caine "Captain Douglas/Play Dirty" body - I wanted to move the arms up higher because his neck was too long when I glued it on but in the process I miscalculated and sawed through the retaining end peg of the left shoulder joint, I decided to just wait till I could get a Power Team Elite or DiD body to use with Michael Caine and just recast the body as a cavalryman by making the left shoulder almost permanently stay stuck in the arm hole - it can't rotate much anymore particularly forward-back, but it can move up/down and since cavalrymen usually just use their left arm to hold the reins I thought this would be fine. So I traded out the uniform, breastplate, pantaloons and high boots to the new body and decided to make a particular bash that I wanted to do since I learned he'd served in the Queen's cavalry - Captain James Hillier Blunt of the Lifeguards, more famous for his musical ballad, "You're beautiful".

My problem now is, I'm not too familiar with the Lifeguard's Officer uniform, particularly the shoulder strap braiding and the aiguillettes. Would anyone know how it looks? I want to make sure Captain Blunt's uniform looks not just 'beautiful' but accurate!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts