One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Master of the Iron Horse
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It came in the saturday toys set. Im not a big fan though the throat protector sits to high and its not accurate at all. We us another version which a coverbun (spelling) and personally I dread having to get one since the IBV is so much easier to take off.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
It came in the saturday toys set. Im not a big fan though the throat protector sits to high and its not accurate at all. We us another version which a coverbun (spelling) and personally I dread having to get one since the IBV is so much easier to take off.
I see.. I was issued with something similar while i was in service and i understand how it feels.

But can't you guys wrap it underneath the vest like what someone mentioned in the other thread? I mean the 1:1 scale stuff

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Hehe.. I wish they did make the cummerbund part though, to add a little bit more accuracy to it.

On my vests, I like to loosen up and remove as much of the collar's excess parts underneath the flak by undoing the velcro and straps holding them. It should free up some space and give it some form. [I haven't as of yet cut off the excess though, I just tape them down and out of the way]
This way the vest sits better on the figures shoulders, by a small margin but it helps IMHO. Then I can tuck the throat piece into the vest. It may not be accurate but it looks a tad better to my liking.

The one with the black marking has the padding inside removed from the throat protection, the one on the right had half of it cut out. After doing this and comparing to my other vests, I prefer it with the padding, to give a better form to it.

Doh forgot to add, great radio operator. I don't even have mine in the works yet, but I want him to look exactly like yours. He looks great Slyster :thumb Have fun in Japan, or as much as you can~ :)

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Hehe.. I wish they did make the cummerbund part though, to add a little bit more accuracy to it.

On my vests, I like to loosen up and remove as much of the collar's excess parts underneath the flak by undoing the velcro and straps holding them. It should free up some space and give it some form. [I haven't as of yet cut off the excess though, I just tape them down and out of the way]
This way the vest sits better on the figures shoulders, by a small margin but it helps IMHO. Then I can tuck the throat piece into the vest. It may not be accurate but it looks a tad better to my liking.

The one with the black marking has the padding inside removed from the throat protection, the one on the right had half of it cut out. After doing this and comparing to my other vests, I prefer it with the padding, to give a better form to it.

Doh forgot to add, great radio operator. I don't even have mine in the works yet, but I want him to look exactly like yours. He looks great Slyster :thumb Have fun in Japan, or as much as you can~ :)
Not to hijack the thread but i think both your figures looked good, i see you have done a nice thing with the throat protection, i remembered in most of the actual marines ref pictures, those guys looked way nice with their throat protection tucked snugly in..

Sorry Sly, going off topic on your thread :)

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Nice Marine Sly. Clean and ready to get the job done. Nice.

And look, saiko ACTUALLY does bash figures. And I thought he just lived in the chat room.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts