One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Monkey Gun Man
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have finished making stuff to put in the Humvee. I also finished painting and weathering it. I may go back and touch on a few things but I think it is pretty good for now. I tried to make everything functional. All the levers move, the brake moves, the tie downs on the side ammo box work, the wind shield wipers work, and every thing is bolt on bolt off. I am thinking of making 2 more bashes for the team but I am not sure yet.

I would like to thank all the people who inspired me to do this, Scanmandan, Sawgunner (who made the awesome roof and roll bar, He is a true craftsmen), Sgt.Schultz, and many others. Thanks for looking.

I have not posted here in a while and wanted to do an update. I finished most of the back and put a base coat on every thing and assembled it. The shifting handles and brake all move and I am now working on the roof and turret. The roll bar and roof was made by Sawgunner and I got it from BONZO (Thanks again). I decided to not make all the lights work but the head lights still work. Thanks for looking.

I finished my radios and the dash. Both inspired and copied from ScanmanDan though his came out much better than mine. Thanks for Looking.

I just finished my radio table and some other odds and ends. I am now waiting on a radio and then I can finish it.

I finished my Bush Guard. It swings down and all the hardware and tow hinges work. I think it came out pretty well. I did have a heck of a time drilling out the three center holes. I will probably go back and fix them. I also made a side mirror.

I just finished upgrading the windshield wipers. I tried to make them synced up so they would both move if you moved one but I did not have enough room. They can move side to side and out to change the wiper. I also improved the moter on the inside, like Sgt Shultz II. I know that they are too big and not quit the right style but I am happy with them. Thanks for looking.

My Hasbro Humvee is in the mail and I was so excited that I had to start the gun mounts and wiring for the lights. Here is what I have done so far. I still need to do some more sanding and put another coat of paint on them. I am thinking that they need some more little details. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Pics would also be helpful.

50 Cal Mount

M240 mount

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
How you gonna have you humvee set out? (does that make sence?) I mean where you having which weapon, its open top i take it???

·
Monkey Gun Man
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone.

I am going to use leds and two small bulbs from radio shack to replace the lights. It will take a 9 volt and 3 1.5 volt batteries. All the lights should be operational with on and off switches for the head lights, parking lights, and Break lights.

I am going with a hard roof layout with no doors. I was also going to add a bush guard and a few other odds and ends. The 50 will be mounted on the roof and the M240 will go on the front passenger side. I may make another mount that will go on the rear passenger side for a M249.

·
Monkey Gun Man
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone.

At times I thought I would never get that kriss done cdn_rhino. How is yours?

There is a few diagrams of the fifty mount if anyone is interested. The patterns are for a rough cut before rounding all the edges. Small changes may be needed depending on what 50 cal you are using. Iused the Dragon one.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.