One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Paints used for base flesh tone:Tamiya Flat flesh(70%) ,Flat white(30%)

Step 1-After painting the flesh tone,paint the eyes sclera(white),tearduct,lips,eyebrows,then sealed with dull coat.wait for dull coat to dry few hours or the next day.

Step 2-Draw the outline of the IRIS with 6B pencil,same with eyelashes.

Erase off wrong pencil marks with BLUTACK.

Step 3-Use fine grounded pastels to apply on the flesh tone.

Step 4-Paint internal IRIS colour of your choice(blue ,green,brown),use fine tip black marker pen to draw(poke) the pupil(black).Seal with dull coat.Use pastels for highlights on the flesh tone.Every different pastels colour seal with dull coat).

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
TIPS ON MAKING "FLOWING IN THE WIND" HAIR.

The hair is from copper electrical wiring which I took only the copper wire to make the hair on this one as if it's flowing in the wind.the ponytail also braided from electrical copper wire.which was then sealed with primer.can be bent into any direction,soft & bendable.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is how I stick/mount Barbie hair.(Barbie Kelly head size smaller,also good to use)

Photo 1 shows the grinded down head,the groove is for the edge of the Barbie hair to rest on the resin head.

Photo 2 shows how the hair would mount on the head.Usually paint the head and mount the hair last.

Attachments

·
Riverboat engineman
2,219 Posts
I had a question sometime back about using gloss for the eyes.
I am afraid that it will yellow with time.
At this website, the guys said I should use floor wax as it will not yellow.
Check out boot25 recent posting on making eyes. Floor wax is mentioned there also.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a question sometime back about using gloss for the eyes.
I am afraid that it will yellow with time.
At this website, the guys said I should use floor wax as it will not yellow.
Check out boot25 recent posting on making eyes. Floor wax is mentioned there also.
i have experience with, Humbrol clear gloss,yellow with time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.