One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a good flashlight. It's a 'nice to have' rather than a 'need to have', since it wouldn't be put to everyday use, but if I'm going to spend the cash, I want to get something for it.

Here's some I've been looking at and criteria, but any suggestions and comments would be appreciated.

LED, $60-100 price range, 60-80 lumen output. So far I've come up with two SureFire lights, the G2 LED, or the M6 LED. The Pelican lights I've looked at seem to be more expensive for less output.

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grizzerr said:
You can't go wrong with the Surefire....
That what I was thinking. I just don't under stand why you get su much less light for so much more money. I hear they've got a good warranty, but still...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I have had a gas halogen Surefire - eats batteries but for performance you cannot beat the lumens. Quality is fantastic.

I have a peli led lapel torch - good, standard watch batteries and happy medium for either writting hands free or very very pitch black areas.

The only other torch I had - because stuff gets "borrowed" or lost, is a Lenser torch. For the price, the build is fantastic, the lumens, while not as good as Surefire, are pretty good for an LED torch. Value for money - wins hands down. And it doesnt matter if I loose it etc....as much.

http://www.niton999.co.uk/productsb...ng-Equipment&querybrandname=LED-Lenser&page=1

Had mine Lenser for over a year, and due to the batteries, size, weight, length of use per set of batteries, ease of access to spares I would buy one again. While it may not burn your retina's our, or illuminate a pin prick on the moon, its done me proud - I have searched fields, lit up court yards, signalled to support units....

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grizzerr said:
Here's probably the best deal you're gonna find on the 6P....
Especially with the Canadian dollar doing so well against the greenback. Thanks Keith.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How about Maglite’s LED..? The one that’s using 3pcs of AA batteries..?

They are pretty bright…and the cost is way cheaper..both in term of battery costs and flash light…albeit double the size of standard surefire..
And performance duration wise it could last up to 4 hours…

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only Maglite LED that I wouldn't have to special order is the retrofit bezel for the C and D cell lights, which are waaaaay too big for my use.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Bang for buck - check out a bike shop. I've got a $10 LED "headlight" as my handy mini-light...and it puts out way more than my ultra-heavy Mag-Light.

Still, ordered a "Bass Pro" house brand tac-light the other day, just to try it (burning up a gift card I got for being Employee of the Month where I work)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.