One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Those pegs are really hard to get into the holes. I always heat up the head with a hair dryer before switching.

I used to boil plastic parts, but I always felt like that made some "funky" fumes.

·
i believe in harvey dent
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Those pegs are really hard to get into the holes. I always heat up the head with a hair dryer before switching.

I used to boil plastic parts, but I always felt like that made some "funky" fumes.
some have been so much harder than others and i definitely was sloppy. it took me weeks to get the PERS head off of joker dx01 because i was so terrified of snapping it and it just wouldn't let go. lot of heat, lot of starting and stopping, and lot of patience went into that. same went for putting the bank robber head onto that body (actually filed that sculpt to not risk any damage).

this will teach me to treat my low-priced pieces just as gently as my high-priced pieces, for sure!

: D

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm sure you can glue it back like Beast X did or something. Plus the sphere peg is about 6mm, I've tried putting Hot Toys heads on necklace beads of the same diameter and it works the same so that's replaceable.

·
i believe in harvey dent
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
if i intend to keep up with this hobby, clearly i am going to need to invest in electric tools.

i am working on this today, but drilling is going slow ~ i have arthritis so it's crumb on my hands. but it's looking good so far and i have the 5 minute epoxy and i'm going to let it set over night and we'll see how it looks in the morning!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
if i intend to keep up with this hobby, clearly i am going to need to invest in electric tools.

i am working on this today, but drilling is going slow ~ i have arthritis so it's crumb on my hands. but it's looking good so far and i have the 5 minute epoxy and i'm going to let it set over night and we'll see how it looks in the morning!

Good luck! Not to sound too pessimistic but I'm not too confident about any glue standing up to the kind of force you're going to put on that neck post. Keep us posted and prove me wrong! :D

·
i believe in harvey dent
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good luck! Not to sound too pessimistic but I'm not too confident about any glue standing up to the kind of force you're going to put on that neck post. Keep us posted and prove me wrong!
we'll see! the pin alone is holding it pretty impressively all by itself (i actually used a nail that i cut the head off of). i am hoping with the glue it will be even better.

no matter what, i'll always have to be extra gentle with it, but that's all right by me since the alternatives all involve spending more money.

·
i believe in harvey dent
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
At the very least you will quite proud of yourself for fixing it, and develope new courage for tackling the next problem when it arises.
so true! and it's a great comfort to have all the knowledge and wisdom of the board only a click away!

now if anyone has a non-destructive solution for incompatible neck plugs (see below)! what the heck, hot toys???

this bruce wayne is going to be the death of me.

·
Figure Dissector
2,041 Posts
so true! and it's a great comfort to have all the knowledge and wisdom of the board only a click away!

now if anyone has a non-destructive solution for incompatible neck plugs (see below)! what the heck, hot toys???

this bruce wayne is going to be the death of me.

I just did too, (I'm sure others have done so)... I shaved the the skin coloured one (lip) smaller

·
i believe in harvey dent
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
oh right! i suppose if i botch it beyond help, it's an easy enough part to replace ~ thanks!

i'm okay with cutting up my extra loose pieces, but the thought of mangling my dx12 in any way shape or form gives me the heebie-jeebies.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts