One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
^_^
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

As I'm new to the forum, I'll quickly introduce myself. I recently got into One Sixth, starting by buying myself a DAM MARSOC figure which if I'm honest - I didn't do a good job of putting together. I ended up breaking bits and just generally making a hash of it.

Fast forward a month or so, and I decided to give it another go, but much more carefully this time, and was much happier with the outcome. I bought replacements for the bits I broke and some "extras" to make it different from the one on the box. Then the inevitable happened. I wanted more.

I started playing Airsoft back in 2001 (Gave it up a good number of years ago though) and I always used to build "impressions" (1:1 Bashes), and I still regularly build 1:48 model kits so 1:6 is a convenient fusion of them both. All those hours pouring over reference pictures hopefully won't go to waste.

So, as SEALs (Particularly Team 10) were the 'in' thing when I was into Airsoft, I'd thought I'd start with a SEAL Bash.

--------

TLDR; Here's my very first kitbash - SEAL Team 10

All based off a Playhouse Team 10 figure.

The head (Generic Chinese head, although it came in a Belet 002 Box, which I'm pretty sure is their Brosnan, and definitely not this one) was a bit of a pain to fit. Over an hour of filing, cutting & trimming to get it onto the Playhouse neck. The head is also tiny compared to the DAM & Playhouse figures (Although I think it looks better, proportion wise). It is fitting with friction now... glue was only to be used as a last resort.

The DAM hand pegs were also way to thin for the Playhouse wrist peg sockets, but some wedging with a few rounds of masking tape mean they now fit snuggly with complete articulation.

Things I learnt:

- 1:6 feels rewarding when you get a brainwave or something to work
- Chinstraps make me want to cry man tears. Seriously. They suck.
- Double sided-adhesive is your best friend (Although I glued my DAM M4 together first time round which I kinda regret a bit, but that thing was really loose)

Thanks for looking ^_^

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
WOW, first Bash? That's crazy awesome:shades Love his loadout, keep'em coming!:thumb

·
^_^
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the positive response guys!

@Phantomat4 I used double sided adhesive for pretty much anything which was too loose for my liking. The chinstrap is lined with really thin strips of double sided adhesive to stop it moving as well. I just used some generic double sided tape I picked up in a supermarket. I didn't want to use anything too good or it would be hard to remove. Only time will tell if the glue residue has any detrimental side effects.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Welcome aboard :)

Very nice looking SEAL - and thank you for sharing your tip on double sided tape - excellent idea there :thumb

·
^_^
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got bored and did a tacky Photoshop:

I'm thinking about changing the Elcan for an aimpoint or EoTech... its a bit flashy for the period of time I was going for with this bash.

·
^_^
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@doly Yeah when I took these pictures, it was sitting a little high. That generic Chinese head is slightly undersized, at least compared to the offerings I have from PlayHouse, Dam and DML. The pads have condensed a bit now and is sitting much lower :)

·
^_^
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now with added Mk14:

Got a couple of bashes (75th Ranger, Iraq & Royal Marine, Afghan) in the pipeline, so stay tuned for those ^_^

·
^_^
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers guys :)

I'm still unsure if I'm going to tackle weathering or not for this figure. Weathering with browns and greens on WW2 figures is relatively straightforward. Just not sure how to tackle sandy coloured "dusty" weathering.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts