One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
I think it looks great, especially for a first time. It looks like you may have used pastel chalks for weathering, which is a great idea. Weathering is an aquired skill, I know when my first 20 or so bashes using chalks were very hit or miss. There has to be a method to the madness, so to speak. I would suggest that you take a look at the KOTM noms for the past year or so, so you can get a good idea what a good use of chalks (and other methods) would be. At first, I just used to dump some brown pastel chalk on a glove, for example, and call it weathered. There are so many different ways to weather for a realistic look and while they may be time consuming, they aren't all that hard to become profecient in. Acrylic paints and soaking clothing and putting them on wet are a couple more methods. You are ahead of the curve and I think one of the best tricks to getting better is bash, bash, bash. Then ask for criticism/opinions, like you just did. Well done!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it looks great, especially for a first time. It looks like you may have used pastel chalks for weathering, which is a great idea. Weathering is an aquired skill, I know when my first 20 or so bashes using chalks were very hit or miss. There has to be a method to the madness, so to speak. I would suggest that you take a look at the KOTM noms for the past year or so, so you can get a good idea what a good use of chalks (and other methods) would be. At first, I just used to dump some brown pastel chalk on a glove, for example, and call it weathered. There are so many different ways to weather for a realistic look and while they may be time consuming, they aren't all that hard to become profecient in. Acrylic paints and soaking clothing and putting them on wet are a couple more methods. You are ahead of the curve and I think one of the best tricks to getting better is bash, bash, bash. Then ask for criticism/opinions, like you just did. Well done!
Thx for your great advice here...KOTM noms...eh... no idea on that.. may be any one can provide me a link please...seem that i have lot more thing to learn.. i will try to put up more bash when i am free...and of course criticism/opinions are welcome :cheers

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Doesn't looked like a first bash, you must be a pro kitbasher.. Its a very good figure with wonderful weathering.. :thumb

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Thx for your great advice here...KOTM noms...eh... no idea on that.. may be any one can provide me a link please...seem that i have lot more thing to learn.. i will try to put up more bash when i am free...and of course criticism/opinions are welcome :cheers
KOTM is Kitbash of the Month. Just use the search function and type in "KOTM," without the quotes. It shows the best of the best bashes for each month.

Again, great job, he sure looks cool!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't looked like a first bash, you must be a pro kitbasher.. Its a very good figure with wonderful weathering.. :thumb
hi bro.. i had been collecting 1/6 military for some time... this is is really the first completed first bash i have here... others in house just out from box...thx for your good comment..

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
That's pretty nice for a first time bash.

Sucks that all the newbies are benefiting from the sweet gear I didn't have when I started.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seem that all good comment.. but dun believe this is my first complete bash.. haha have to get my senior to confirm that hahaaaa

Anyway thx spyder and CorranJ for the comment..

CorranJ ya these days i think the equipement getting more and more plus more detail... mostly i prefer HT items...coz when i start collecting last year HT is hot.. may be will get a bit loose of dragon or bbi or did only..

·
Any Suggestion???
125 Posts
YES, I can surely confirm that our friend, Mr. eltontan that this is his first confirmed and COMPLETED kitbash (not counting one WIP of the same figure).

A good fellow, he is a big local MIB collector/trader of HT boxes. Always participating in our gathering, its seems that this mean he has surpassed some of us (including me) by actually doing weathering.

Good job on the PS-ed first pic too, didnt see it earlier.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YES, I can surely confirm that our friend, Mr. eltontan that this is his first confirmed and COMPLETED kitbash (not counting one WIP of the same figure).

A good fellow, he is a big local MIB collector/trader of HT boxes. Always participating in our gathering, its seems that this mean he has surpassed some of us (including me) by actually doing weathering.

Good job on the PS-ed first pic too, didnt see it earlier.
haha this is my advisor also Mr.undead...i am still new more more more advice will be great !!... the first pic was edited by my friend .. thx to him..

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
I can see you guys have a tight community there too.. I gather you guys must have regular gathering as well..

I think its a good time to come into this hobby at this time, myself also managed to benefit from the recent glut of goodies from HT when i first joined the hobby sometime last year too.. But sometimes oldies are goodies too, you should try out stuff from other brands too.. Hope to see more of your work.. :thumb

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can see you guys have a tight community there too.. I gather you guys must have regular gathering as well..

I think its a good time to come into this hobby at this time, myself also managed to benefit from the recent glut of goodies from HT when i first joined the hobby sometime last year too.. But sometimes oldies are goodies too, you should try out stuff from other brands too.. Hope to see more of your work.. :thumb
ya.. we do have som gathering here sometime.. sharing.. trading... bla bla bla...your advice is taken.. will try more on other product too... n hope my next bash will up soon..

more comment from others here

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
Hello to my northern neighbour. Nice bash you got there.
Like many have mentioned, weathering is a hit and miss thing and usually folks are reluctant to take the first step as you either achieve the effect you want or you ruin your precious (expensive) gear. But you will have to start somewhere and I think you did a brave thing there. Your weathering looks good.
Apart from Hot Toys, there are many other 1:6 manufacturers out there ie Saturday Toys (ST), Soldier Story (SS), Toysoldier (TS), ACE, BBi, DML (the grand old dame), DiD, and last but not least, VeryHot (VH) that you can lay your grubby little hands on. But I am not sure about the military 1:6 scene in M'sia if you guys are getting these mentioned brands on a regular basis or has a limited width of products getting in.
I used to visit toy store (Adrian) in KL many years ago and he had a very neat setup and is a great guy too. It is just a waste that he had to cease operation... reality bites. Anyway, before I blabber on non-stop, better stop now ;)
Show us more bashes soon good? :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello to my northern neighbour. Nice bash you got there.
Like many have mentioned, weathering is a hit and miss thing and usually folks are reluctant to take the first step as you either achieve the effect you want or you ruin your precious (expensive) gear. But you will have to start somewhere and I think you did a brave thing there. Your weathering looks good.
Apart from Hot Toys, there are many other 1:6 manufacturers out there ie Saturday Toys (ST), Soldier Story (SS), Toysoldier (TS), ACE, BBi, DML (the grand old dame), DiD, and last but not least, VeryHot (VH) that you can lay your grubby little hands on. But I am not sure about the military 1:6 scene in M'sia if you guys are getting these mentioned brands on a regular basis or has a limited width of products getting in.
I used to visit toy store (Adrian) in KL many years ago and he had a very neat setup and is a great guy too. It is just a waste that he had to cease operation... reality bites. Anyway, before I blabber on non-stop, better stop now ;)
Show us more bashes soon good? :)
Thx..for other product like SS(just started), TS(been some time), ACE(just started on box with figure) and VHT(not hard to get) is selling around the store...BBI, DID and DML slow down on modern militray.... SS is hardly can find here..may be some loose yes...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.