One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've spent around an hour today applying real hair to this head. The headsculpt is from a ACE MK-1 body that I purchased on e-bay. Its for an SF or CIA in Afghanistan bash I've got planned. I thought I'd wait and finish the whole bash before posting this but was so happy with the result of the head, I just had to upload it and get feedback from you guys now.

Please let me know if you think theres anything I should change. This is my first custom EVER, so I know I'll need pointers.
I also want to thank all of you OSW'ers for all the help you've given me so far.
I'm glad to be part of this community.

Cheers!
Nanda

P.S. Sorry about the quality of the photographs. I'm terrible with a camera.

Original HS( not my picture, I didnt take a before picture:()

After adding real hair

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its basically just the CIA commando outfit with weathering, rearranged + shemagh.
I couldnt wait for the stuff I ordered to ship.:lol. will swap the jacket for a black pullover once shipment arrives.
Till then.. I'm currently working on a base as well.

Let me know what you think.:)

Cheers!

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Very nice job on adding hair to the head sculpt. Your figure looks good. You have done a nice job with it. A little more effort on posing the figure will really enhance the presentation for all the fine work you have done.

·
1:6 Nam Nut
872 Posts
holy crap...go look at my profile and my first bash-SUCKS compared to yours...keep us updated, looks awesome thus far. (seriously most modern figs bore me but this one looks really cool)

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Looks like a taleban or insurgent's worse nightmare. Great job on him, I like that you went in with all your cards on this bash, from the real beard and hair to his heavily weathered kit. It all looks fantastic :clap

·
Registered
649 Posts
To be honest I have no idea, I cut it off the mane of a stuffed lion toy I've had ever since I was 8!!:lol. I was clearing my store room today and came across it.
I dont think toys use animal fur, so its probably synthetic.
Thanks! That's too bad about your lion, but I guess he's fortunate to have continued usefulness rather than to simply be discarded like most childhood toys :lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.