One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In recent weeks it has become an unplanned necessity that we have to sell up and move House.So unfortunately i have had to pack up my Mancave in preparation for strangers to wander through our House[and hopefully one of them will buy it].
So of course this means i have to pack up all my Customs so i thought i would commemorate what i have done so far before they go into hibernation and won't see light again until sometime next year.
Some of these guys you have seen previously but i have a couple of recent Figures i have finished that i would love to show you all.
So firstly i have my Auxiliary Legionary,he's pretty much all KP parts except for the Spear which is Ignite and the Scutum which i built from scratch.He could also pass for Cavalry if i gave him a Spatha.

Basically i repainted most of his Gear and the Figure itself and then weathered for effect.

View of the back of the Scutum,it was made out of Sheet Styrene and Balsa Wood and painted and weathered for effect.

Next up is my Optio,again pretty much all KP parts.The Body is a HT Perseus that i scored really cheap,i kept the Sandalled Feet from the Figure and just added the top laced sections from some old Ignite Sandals to match the proper Roman style.And the Head of course i'm sure you all recognise.

Basically i repainted the Armour,tried my best to colour match the Flesh and Head and then weathered everything for effect.

And to finish off a couple of group shots.I'm trying my best with my Romans to keep the style and Paints consistent with the market release of Figures that i have so they'll all hopefully look good together.

Sorry the photos are a bit poor but i hope you enjoy and of course any comments/critiques are more than welcome.

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: My Custom Imperial Roman Legion so far

Sweet collection of Romans. Hope you get the new Man Cave sorted soon.

Stu
Thanks Tiger,appreciate the comments.I'm definitely going to be dealing with some withdrawals until i get somewhere to hide away again.:lol

What a fine collection! Beautiful works Efbee, love them!!!!
Appreciate that Calvin.I'm still so new to working on Figures in this scale but i'm definitely having a lot of fun learning as i go.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Nice Romans.... I bought a 1-1 scale centurion's helmet on ebay yesterday for under $80.00US shipping included

·
1/6 Historical
1,196 Posts

Epic !!! Awesome legion mate!

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Nice Romans.... I bought a 1-1 scale centurion's helmet on ebay yesterday for under $80.00US shipping included
Thanks for that pzr.Good score on the Helmet,i manged to get a really nice 1:1 Gladius a while back and i hope to get a good Helmet[hopefully a Coolus] to go with it one day myself.

excellent collection!!
Thanks Mike,appreciate it.

Epic !!! Awesome legion mate!
Cheers mate,with these guys,the ones i have planned plus the releases by KP and ACI my Troops numbers are growing quickly.

Again,sorry for the poor photos.I already had packed away all my Photo Gear and my good Lights before i realised i hadn't taken any Pics of the new guys.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

Those are impressive, truly taken up to their potential. Nice to see detail that often is left undone, they escape the "uniformity" that occurs even in films. I particularly appreciate the archer, who usually gets short shrift, compared to the infantrymen.

·
1/6 Historical
1,196 Posts

Cheers mate,with these guys,the ones i have planned plus the releases by KP and ACI my Troops numbers are growing quickly.

Again,sorry for the poor photos.I already had packed away all my Photo Gear and my good Lights before i realised i hadn't taken any Pics of the new guys.
Cheers mate ! glad to see your Legion is going to be a Empire soon ! lol

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

Fantastic collection you have sir. All the best with the move, don't let anyone touch your crew. Put those stacking type pole barrier around them. :D
Thanks for that.Nobody touches my Figs but me so that's all cool.Actually my Mrs is already living down where we're moving to because she had to start a new job so the packings all up to me anyways lol.

Those are impressive, truly taken up to their potential. Nice to see detail that often is left undone, they escape the "uniformity" that occurs even in films. I particularly appreciate the archer, who usually gets short shrift, compared to the infantrymen.
Thanks Mike.There is a real strong and interesting variety of Uniform types in Ancient Rome and i am having a ball researching and exploring to create as many as i can.Fortunately KP is making my job a lot easier.Although i collect other genres that include Movie Characters i am determined to keep my Romans as historically accurate as i can and avoid any Movie-style looks.

Cheers mate ! glad to see your Legion is going to be a Empire soon ! lol
I'm working on it believe me.I have a couple more half done actually.whether i get to finish them anytime soon is another question though.

Wow .. nice collection!!! Keep the legion going...
I certainly will,cheers.

·
Registered
422 Posts

Awesome collection and great customs !
I love historical collections, and yours is one of the best i've seen.
Keep it up ;)

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

:thumb:thumb

nice collection that you have
thanks for sharing
My pleasure,glad you liked them.

Awesome figures dude!
Thanks for the kind words.

excelente coleccion de romanos :thumb
Thank you so very much
that is an amazing cohort, superb!!!

veni, vidi, vici...
Cheers mate,appreciate it.

Awesome collection and great customs !
I love historical collections, and yours is one of the best i've seen.
Keep it up ;)
Wow thank you,i really am grateful for the acknowledgement.

Great Figures !
Thank you,you do such great work with all your Figures so it means a lot to me that you like them.

I do appreciate you all taking the time to comment.Like all of us i do this Hobby for my own pleasure,relaxation and passion for the subject.But it's so great to be able to share with others of a similar mind and the support that s given here.Thank you all.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts