One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple of years worth of custom builds thrown together with some after market kits and bashed loose parts obtained thanks to eBay and Toy Anxiety and this is what I've ended up with, sorry about the curtains, they came with the rented house.

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good heavens, man! That's quite a set up
Thanks! a bit rough but it works for now.
Wow thats cool
With a better lightning that will look even better
Yeah, Jazz seems to have come up with a great solution for his IM dio so I think I'll keep an eye on what furniture the neighbours are always chucking out to create something similar cabinet/lighting wise. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Nice! Not a trace of "pink" & "purple" on Pepper's work station :D... i had that office set in my hands last year at the department store but decided not to get it 'coz it was underscaled...
but it looks great there!
Fantastic lab dio! Only thing missing is a shawarma wrap!

·
My heater's broke...
1,147 Posts
That's a real nicde set up. Love the crush zone warning signs. I was thinking of making decals of like a diagnostic set up and illuminating it with an led. What did you use in your computer screen set up?

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a real nicde set up. Love the crush zone warning signs. I was thinking of making decals of like a diagnostic set up and illuminating it with an led. What did you use in your computer screen set up?
Cheers! I printed off a pic I googled on acetate.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
This set up speaks directly to your conviction to begin a project and see it through to completion. That's a trait I admire.

(I admire all that cool Iron Man stuff, too.)

Well done, sir.

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! Not a trace of "pink" & "purple" on Pepper's work station :D... i had that office set in my hands last year at the department store but decided not to get it 'coz it was underscaled...
but it looks great there!
Fantastic lab dio! Only thing missing is a shawarma wrap!
Thanks rollo! It's actually not really under scaled, at least not with Pepper, perhaps you'd need to raise it a bit for a large male figure, it's great how you can turn a bit of Barbie tat into something decent with a bit of sanding and paint. I might put that Indian poncho in there just for you!:wink That is what a shawarma wrap is isn't it? Maybe I should have googled it first...:doh
HOLY CRAP!!! That is a lot of Iron man!!!! Very nice!!
Cheers! Just about half of my 1/6 IM collection...:wink
This set up speaks directly to your conviction to begin a project and see it through to completion. That's a trait I admire.

(I admire all that cool Iron Man stuff, too.)

Well done, sir.
Cheers dadrab! Sort of part dedication, part necessity and part inevitability!:doh
Great Iron Man collection. That's what I love about this hobby, it's diversity.
Thanks! I do have a lot more custom IM stuff if you want to check out my threads in my profile section.

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Wow, love this's. Well done

Where did you get the mini ironman on the desk, and also that tilting frame on the welding iron man

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Beautiful set-up, lots of perfect stuff, and a "chaotic-on-purpose" mix of things that really feels like a workshop area. Those ZCWO gear and tools really look good in this (though on reflection, Tony probably hasn't used that level of real-world construction tools for anything past the MK1).

I'm absolutely loving your doubled-up Bandai Gunpla base for an armor rack. I built one of those and thought of combining two of them (and went so far as to photoshop mine on top of itself and with the armor to check measurements) but then my lazyness kicked in. Yours looks flawless, and the ornamental details, the light strip, and the chains at the side really make it. On any level except fanatical screen accuracy, I actually like it better than the Hall of Armor options out there. I suppose their purpose would be slightly different - Hall of Armor is for storage, while this is more of Tony's worktable with a reclining option, etc. A great display piece.

I never thought of repurposing those Zacca pegboards as aluminum shelves, that looks really good too. Lots of good ideas all over this display, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts

Where did you get the mini ironman on the desk, and also that tilting frame on the welding iron man
I second gooseman's question, which is the mini Ironman on the desk? It looks smaller than the Hasbro toys, and about the right size to be a scaled Hot Toys Iron man for a 1/6 figure, is that right? (gooseman, the welding base is two of the Bandai Gunpla Builders Parts 001 Model combined, with many great Shovelchop81 improvements).

BTW if you're looking for diorama-integrateable mini-Ironmen in three different comic-based armor designs, the Handful of Heroes ones are very cheap. The solid colors need painting but the translucent ones can make cool "holograms" for Tony.

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome as usual mate, you have an incredible workshop there, it's great to see what real love for this hobby can do!

Keep it going;)!
Thank you so much! More of an addiction really!:wink
WOW wow wow...super cool set up you have there. All the details are fantastic ..love the portal poster...too cool...

:thumb:thumb
Cheers! Glad you spotted that! It's going to play a part in my Iron Samurai back story...

Where did you get the mini iron man on the desk, and also that tilting frame on the welding iron man
The mini metal Iron Man was a gift when I bought the MKII, it must be from the Marvel Icons figurines series that came with a magazine every month a few years ago. The "Frankenstein" pivoting table is a couple of Bandai stands heavily modified as Moonbase pointed out, more details below.

man..very cool!! i need to find a better job so i can afford to buy more toys...lol....
Thanks spiderogue! Actually a lot of the stuff is custom made/ bashed from cheap loose parts or upcycled "junk" to avoid those hefty price tags! You've become a good custom builder yourself so shouldn't have much trouble doing something similar.

Beautiful set-up, lots of perfect stuff, and a "chaotic-on-purpose" mix of things that really feels like a workshop area. Those ZCWO gear and tools really look good in this (though on reflection, Tony probably hasn't used that level of real-world construction tools for anything past the MK1).

I'm absolutely loving your doubled-up Bandai Gunpla base for an armor rack. I built one of those and thought of combining two of them (and went so far as to photoshop mine on top of itself and with the armor to check measurements) but then my lazyness kicked in. Yours looks flawless, and the ornamental details, the light strip, and the chains at the side really make it. On any level except fanatical screen accuracy, I actually like it better than the Hall of Armor options out there. I suppose their purpose would be slightly different - Hall of Armor is for storage, while this is more of Tony's worktable with a reclining option, etc. A great display piece.

I never thought of repurposing those Zacca pegboards as aluminum shelves, that looks really good too. Lots of good ideas all over this display, thanks for sharing.
Thank you Moonbase! You've got a great eye there,I built the tables using the pegboards and take away chopsticks I had lying around, I couldn't justify $30 for a plastic table by HT! The Bandai stands were a lot more work than I thought as I wanted to get the table mode's height just right and lock in place (it can lie perfectly flat too) which involved dremmeling out the slots and pegs to get perfect fits all round with out losing too much meat to slide high/low enough and lock in place, then a lot of epoxy liquid weld was used. The boring part was getting a bright yellow on a dark grey, I lost count of how many fiddly coats of white and yellow I had to use! :doh :lol.
As for the "everyday" workshop tools, you do see them scattered around his shop in the movies, don't forget he has to fine tune the prototypes (I studied product design so I know what that's like!:doh:wink) and likes to work on his bikes and hot rods too! Having said that, I've got a high tech holographic lab (Avengers style) in the works right now, so that will be the other end of the spectrum!:think

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
The Bandai stands were a lot more work than I thought as I wanted to get the table mode's height just right and lock in place (it can lie perfectly flat too) which involved dremmeling out the slots and pegs to get perfect fits all round with out losing too much meat to slide high/low enough and lock in place, then a lot of epoxy liquid weld was used. The boring part was getting a bright yellow on a dark grey, I lost count of how many fiddly coats of white and yellow I had to use! :doh :lol.
For a relatively cheap price, that Bandai Gunpla kit looks so good even out of the box (and then so much better for someone with your skills). It's perfect for Iron Man but useful generally for anything tecchie. It really should be better known for 1/6 uses but maybe people can't get past the "1/144" on the box until they're shown. I think people (me, for one) might appreciate to see it singled out as its own subject, and showing your work in progress pics for it if you have any and if you were so inclined.

As for the "everyday" workshop tools, you do see them scattered around his shop in the movies, don't forget he has to fine tune the prototypes (I studied product design so I know what that's like!:doh:wink) and likes to work on his bikes and hot rods too!
I love it because the spirit of ingenuity and craftsmanship that you put into making this bash assembly is so similar to what Tony himself does. It's probably another reason why Iron Man appeals to us in the community so much.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts