One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Toys. Tech. Design. Life.
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 months of research, planning and building (in my spare time) I finally completed my 1:6 scale action figure display. It's based on Ikea Detolfs and Besta risers. Now I get to populate the shelves with figures. I'm so excited. :clap

Here's a [long] video about my research and results. Hope you like it. :D

Custom Ikea Detolf For 1:6 Scale Figures - YouTube

·
Registered
490 Posts
Those units really got me thinking for when I move home. I also love the idea of lifting them off the floor I looked at those units a few years ago now I realise why i didn't buy one , too close to the floor.

One suggestion and this doesn't just apply to your units Steve, when doing backgrounds like you showed in your 2 'units'. it might be worth thinking about not putting a crisp line between the floor and the back , sort of curve it I found that this gives a smoother transition to the backdrop. Someone might correct me but I'm pretty sure that is what they do on movies where they use full backdrop green screen.

·
Toys. Tech. Design. Life.
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great display space! Good luck filling it out and adding to it.
Thanks!

Very nice!
Thanks!

Those units really got me thinking for when I move home. I also love the idea of lifting them off the floor I looked at those units a few years ago now I realise why i didn't buy one , too close to the floor.

One suggestion and this doesn't just apply to your units Steve, when doing backgrounds like you showed in your 2 'units'. it might be worth thinking about not putting a crisp line between the floor and the back , sort of curve it I found that this gives a smoother transition to the backdrop. Someone might correct me but I'm pretty sure that is what they do on movies where they use full backdrop green screen.
Yes! Thank you for the feedback. It looks a little better in real life than it does in the video, but agree. My challenge is easily getting them in there without ripping the backdrop art. I will research this so thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts