1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
This one is my favorite!

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
IMO, the funniest commercials of all time were the "Trunk Monkey" commercials from Suburban Auto Group. The one with the car thief was probably the best of them.

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
:lol :applause :rolling

When/where are they showing this commercial?!?!? I hadn't seen it! Fantastic!!! :thumb
That R. Lee Ermey one was one of my favorites. I would actually stop and watch it. Geico had some of the better commercials on air. Charlie Daniels. Randy Johnson. Elmer Fudd!
That "trunk monkey" is awesome, as well. Thanks for all the videos!! :thanks

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
:lol :applause :rolling

When/where are they showing this commercial?!?!? I hadn't seen it! Fantastic!!! :thumb
That R. Lee Ermey one was one of my favorites. I would actually stop and watch it. Geico had some of the better commercials on air. Charlie Daniels. Randy Johnson. Elmer Fudd!
That "trunk monkey" is awesome, as well. Thanks for all the videos!! :thanks
The Chuck Norris United Healthcare commercial is airing all the time in my area (Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia/Maryland), albeit in a shorter version with a slightly different ending, see below:

David

·
2,052 Posts
The Chuck Norris United Healthcare commercial is airing all the time in my area (Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia/Maryland), albeit in a shorter version with a slightly different ending, see below:

David
I've seen the shortened Chuck Norris commercial in my area (GA) and it's definitely a good one but I've never seen the longer version air. Sometimes commercials air and then get shortened versions to fit into shorter ad slots (probably what happened here) or they get edited, based on public reaction to them. Danny Trejo recently did a commercial for Sling TV. In the original commercial he said "People say I'm evil...", but there must have been some negative reaction to the word "evil", because the commercial reappeared in an edited version where he says, "People say I'm crazy...".

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
Thanks David, Scimitar. I guess I'll just have to watch more TV. :lol
I've seen those Danny Trejo commercials, too. I noticed the different versions, but thought they were running concurrently. IIRC, there was one where he says "people say I'm scary....BOO..." Haven't seen that one for awhile. Good actor (IMHO), by the way.

·
2,052 Posts
They may be running concurrently in some markets but I haven't seen the "evil" one since shortly after it first aired and I haven't seen the "scary" one at all. I do live in a "Bible Belt" state, so that could have something to do with it. I absolutely agree with him being a fine actor too.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
I like this dude's style - it's soooo 1970ish! :lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts