One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great display. I have a few of these but unfortunately the articulation is not good. jaztermareal, my brother, did you do and modding to improve this?
I have not tackled it yet myself.

AFM
no I did not, I decided to display them in more or less museum poses (too lazy to mod yet) and the lack of shelf space makes it necessary to stand them in such poses anyway until I make a dedicated display case for them.... next years/decades problem...

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,080 Posts
no I did not, I decided to display them in more or less museum poses (too lazy to mod yet) and the lack of shelf space makes it necessary to stand them in such poses anyway until I make a dedicated display case for them.... next years/decades problem...
Fair enough my friend. Still a great display. I'll get around to it one of these days. Hopefully it will not be to costly. We'll see...

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts
That is a great collection. With the weapons I know some came with them but with the others or most, were they 3D printed? As Spyder had said I wish I had snagged one of the Spartans.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a great collection. With the weapons I know some came with them but with the others or most, were they 3D printed? As Spyder had said I wish I had snagged one of the Spartans.
Some are 3d prints, rest are are Mcfarlane, Master Replicas, Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant and Mattel, plus a couple very under-scaled ones that still look good in standard 1:6 figure hands from Megabloks, Joyride and Play Arts Kai.

(I recommend getting any Master Replicas and Kotobukiya weapons you come across. Sometimes the Kotobukiya models turn up cheap and the weapons can be re-purposed then the statue re-sold as incomplete if you don't need it. The cheap Mattel 11.5 inch Halo figures have some usable weapons, especially the pistol that comes with the Warthog which is the perfect scale)

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts
That is very cool. I have been out of the collecting world for Halo for many years now. I used to have tons of the McFarlane 6 inch figures but that was when Halo 3 came out. I couldn't keep up with the waves so I stopped. Under scale just means the Marines get them, I do remember the 6in line the Marines weapons were smaller. So for me it works ;)

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, the 12 inch Mcfarlane Halo Spartans have MAC5's the same size as Kotobukiya but compared to the HUGE 3A ones they are smaller. The larger scale ones I use as Spartan size, the traditional 1:6 size ones are for normal humans and the smaller 1:7 ish ones are just compact versions for ODST's :)

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Yes, the 3A Spartans etc make a powerful group, but it's really the awesome assembly of weapons in the first shot that makes my jaw drop. As evident from your explanation below, jaztermareal, it's mighty impressive from quite how many places and sources you've put them together, and then how they are effectively arranged for visual impact (and in some cases, to disguise or finesse issues of scale). Liking Cortana where she fits in because she's not necessarily any particular scale. Are those McFarlane helmets -- I remember they made a crazy load of variants considering how there was only one color-varied body to use them with.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, the 3A Spartans etc make a powerful group, but it's really the awesome assembly of weapons in the first shot that makes my jaw drop. As evident from your explanation below, jaztermareal, it's mighty impressive from quite how many places and sources you've put them together, and then how they are effectively arranged for visual impact (and in some cases, to disguise or finesse issues of scale). Liking Cortana where she fits in because she's not necessarily any particular scale. Are those McFarlane helmets -- I remember they made a crazy load of variants considering how there was only one color-varied body to use them with.
The Mcfarlane 12 inch Spartans came in 3 colours (Master Chief green, blue and brown) so there is room to use some of the helmets without re-painting. I have a bunch of the Mcfarlane 12 inch figures and (IIRC) I have the entire collection of Mcfarlane helmets including a few of the promotional ODST ones. The two ODST helmets in the pic are Mcfarlane while the Noble 6 one is by Callous who IIRC is a member here and on Deviant Art (took me a while but I managed to get it off a fellow collector, its a beautiful multi-part helmet)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Glad to see your collection increasing in size and the stuff moved onto you enhancing it.

Figured you'd have a Noble Six custom by now lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's definitely an impressive collection. The lack of 'true' articulation stopped me from getting the Master Chief and any other 3A Halo Figs, which no doubt protected my wallet!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts