One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas

As a nipper in England, I grew up as a fanatical fan of Action Man, the close cousin of the original GI Joe. I lived,breathed and slept the old boy, and never had any intentions of getting rid of them in my adolescence. I put them into storage in july 1994, and after 14 long years, got them back recently....

Upon opening the boxes, most of my guys had lost their heads, and in some cases alot more. I spent some time applying a little bit of TLC to get my first lot back to something approaching battle readiness...

These guys still need some attention at the aid post!

Rick.

·
Registered
529 Posts
What a rush..... I grew up in the UK and Action Man was always my favorite toy.... Mine were all left behinds when I moved to Australia when I was 12!.... You have brought back a lot of great memories for me with these photos!
Bullet Man!!!!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
That is an excellent collection. Wish I had kept my toys in as good of shape.

HA!HA! You have a Bullet Man, silly figure but as a little kid it was a lot of fun to play with.

As a UK Actionman fan, you ever catch a film called Xtro the Extraterrestrial? Pure crap but If you've seen it you know the scene I'm talking about. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086610/

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of the boxes contained vehicles, and this is how my dusty old transport command now looks :D Unfortunately there's some bits missing - my scorpion tanks have no turrets and the helicopters are just shells:wail

Hoping to get those bits back though!

·
firefighterUK
7,029 Posts
Outstanding photos, brings a tear to the eye of all those happy boyhood days in the 70's when "mint in box" meant nothing and a credit card and Ebay where not even on TV on "Tomorrows World" (U.K. members will know what I mean). Great stuff, wish I had kept it all!! Have a couple of Action Man figures left that where kept in safety at my Aunts house. Recently got them back after 27 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow. I'm speechless!

You've got a great collection there, Broadsword (are you the same Broadsword who used to post on the UAMHQ site?)

I only collect vintage Action Man (and kitbash VAM as well), so your pictures are of great interest to me! Thanks very much for posting!

If you're ever interested in selling, well...you know where you can find a buyer! ;)

Cheers,
Craig.

·
aka haloed
1,553 Posts
congratulations on getting your childhood back! That is a really cool collection. I never could get past the eyes. I love the variety and looks of the uniforms on your guys. What I really want to see in depth are the b/w comics that came with them. Love the SAS stuff.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks all for your comments;)

Unfortunately I'm having to sell the figures - otherwise I'll be homeless:wail

They're starting to appear on the bay now fellas - there's alot more to come.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/broadsword21

Kneejoint - that's just my childhood stuff. Since finding the hobby again in the late 90s I've added another 40 or so vehicles - they're stored in my mums' loft - I'd love to get the two pools together this summer with any luck.

Mlatch2221,the scorpion turrets and other bits are hopefully in my cousins loft, where they've been stored for the last ten years. He's moved house however,and I have a horrible feeling they may have been left at his previous address....he's looking into it for me. My three assault craft, and recoiless rifle for my infantry support jeep were also missing:wail

Craig - I'm sure I lurked on UAMHQ for a while, may have posted pal but it was a long time ago! Not sure if I included Oz in my shipping details, but I'm sure I could make an exception for you pal. I want them to go to someone who's as passionate about the little blighters as I am;)

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I am envious of you that your collection was stored and held onto like that. I think so often of what I had and either set on fire, or blew up, or buried, or just plain lost track of. So many different toy collections gone to waste. I gotta say that I enjoyed em at the time, but really wish I had em back today. Thanks for sharing em with us.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Incredible! Boy does THAT bring backa few memories. I used to think I had a lot of Action Man figures - I had 8 at one time that I mail ordered from Hamleys back in the day - but your collection boggles the mind. Curious ... how did you fix the heads that had come off in storage?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts