One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I named Bradley after the 30T Infantry fighting vehicle because he either ran things over or bounced off of them. He came to embody many of the qualities of the typical Infantryman.

My buddy passed today is what I titled his eulogy on my blog.

Bradley was a legend...

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Condolence to your BEST friend.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Sorry for your loss Will.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
And, a handsome fellow he was, too.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss Will.

I'm sure Bradley enjoyed a good life, and he's now on to better.

Here is something that might ease your grief some... "The Rainbow Bridge"

http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

It helped me.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss - dogs are the truest friends you'll ever have.

Our two are coming up to 14 years old, so its something we're going to have to deal with all too soon.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,917 Posts
My heartfelt condolences.

--

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all who have taken the time to extend their thoughts. They definitely assuage the pain.

If you get the chance and/or have the interest my little ode to Bradley is a snapshot of a dog's dog.

·
Registered
230 Posts
sorry to hear that I know how you feel I just lost my dog to a heart attack in are front lawn four days ago

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
It says something about our four-legged family members that when we hear of someone else's loss, it puts a tear in our own hearts. You gave him a chance and a good life, Will. Obviously, he gave you back all he had. I do not think we can ask for more.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
So sorry for you and your friend.

One of my Golden Retrievers that I foster will probably pass within the week due to thyroid cancer.
It's what I signed up for but it can be emotionally draining.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Again, thanks for everyone's very kind sentiments and compliments. Bradley's physical beauty paled in comparison to his personality.

Spartan, I went through three days of carrying my 85lb buddy into the backyard on a towel because of his mobility issues. He was slowly improving but I was praying constantly and fervently for him and to avoid what you are experiencing. I wouldn't wish it on an enemy. I will say a prayer for you both.

danny - my deepest condolences. The experiences are heartbreakingly too similar.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
So sorry for your loss Will. It is one of the hardest things to go through in life. I have had to go through this type of loss a couple of times and it is tough. Hang in there and just remember how much he loved you and the good times.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Sorry for your loss Will. He was a beautiful pup. I still shudder to think how my wife and I will react when our 2 dogs pass away. We rescued both of them and both are like children to us.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts