One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys here is a painted up Arnold headsculpt sculpted by Chris Howes, a fellow member here, I think its a great sculpt and im thinking of modifying this one into a Douglas Quade from Total Recall

And here is my recent Bruce Willis sculpt i had shown on a previous thread, now painted,

heres al ittle clearer pic too

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
If you can stand a little positive and constructive criticism, I'd like to compliment you on the great flesh tone paint jobs. That Willis head sculpt is especially good looking too. My only suggestion is to repaint Arnold's left eye so it isn't quite so turned in- he looks crosseyed. When you hold it close while painting it sometimes looks like both eyes are looking at you and thus looking forward in the same direction. Hold it away from you when you first start outlinin the eyes to be sure they are looking further than right in front of their faces.

Also, repaint Willis's right eye so it isn't turned up into the eyelid as much as the left eye. I understand the thinking behind painting it like that, but with the angle of that eyelid, it doesn't have the same effect as his left one does. If anything, it should be obscured more by the lower lid.

The paint work is great, but if you ever looked at them and wondered what seemed off, that's it. Hope you don't take it as an insult to your effort, but as a fellow customizer trying to help another customizer produce the best stuff possible.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all very much :).
Silent Surfer thank you very much, you just pointed out what was baffling me about the bruce sculpt, you made perfect sense :).

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Your painting skills are sick, friend.

Are you casting any of those Bruce heads? That is your own sculpt I'm guessing?

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Thank you all very much :).
Silent Surfer thank you very much, you just pointed out what was baffling me about the bruce sculpt, you made perfect sense :).
I'm just glad you took my suggestions in a positive way. I knew it wasn't a lack of talent on you part cause the paint jobs are great. Just an experience thing. Happy to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.