One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my attempt at bashing the ever illusive and ever difficult Selene from Underworld. It's also my first time trying to take pictures using a lightbox, please excuse all the different ISO/White Balance issues.

Head: Kumik - Slight Eyebrow Repaint, Head Mod and Haircut
Body: Kumik
Clothes, Boots and Weapons: FigureFun

·
Registered
384 Posts
So simple and yet so beautiful, pics are nicely done,i actually waited a bit to see if she would start tho move.My congrats to you sir, you possess a piece p of art.

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
Nice one mate, she looks awesome. :bravo

It's just a pity that the Kumik body is do damn thin and petite, that most female clothing is too baggy on them.
Hopefully the newer femme bods coming out will be slightly chunkier, with more meat on their bones.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind comments :woohoo

I love it! I have the same head... What did you do to the hair?
Thanks much. Just gave it a haircut. The head is from the Kumik set, so it has the detachable wig/scalp. I trimmed down a bit of the plastic on the scalp and painted some of the hairline black, then just trimmed the hair down until it was shoulder length.

Nice one mate, she looks awesome. :bravo

It's just a pity that the Kumik body is do damn thin and petite, that most female clothing is too baggy on them.
Hopefully the newer femme bods coming out will be slightly chunkier, with more meat on their bones.
Thanks! Yeah I had a hard time looking for the right body for her. The TTL clone that came with the FigureFun looked a bit too strange for me. She used to have bulky shoulders, giant hands and a giraffe neck. I think the problem is that she is actually thin and petite in real life, so non of the bulkier bodies worked for me.

It does indeed look lovely. If I had only one small criticism I would say that the clothing looks a little baggy on her. It's mainly noticeable around the corset. The boots are a nice fit to the calves though.

Great work!
I struggled with the corset a lot, since most of the releases tailored it to a giant chest (Phicen/FigureFun), when in the movie she was quite a bit smaller. (I think a 32B in real life?) Traded fit for accuracy as the Kumik one was rubbish.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I can't find one damn thing wrong with this Selene. She look excellent.

I find your photos to be very nice, too.

A triumph, man. A triumph.

·
June 6th, 1944, D-DAY...
495 Posts
Can't say it enough, best Selene to date!! I have the same Kumik figure and have been planning the haircut. I hope it comes half as decent as yours! Well done indeed!!

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
Thanks! Yeah I had a hard time looking for the right body for her. The TTL clone that came with the FigureFun looked a bit too strange for me. She used to have bulky shoulders, giant hands and a giraffe neck. I think the problem is that she is actually thin and petite in real life, so non of the bulkier bodies worked for me.

I struggled with the corset a lot, since most of the releases tailored it to a giant chest (Phicen/FigureFun), when in the movie she was quite a bit smaller. (I think a 32B in real life?) Traded fit for accuracy as the Kumik one was rubbish.
:agree Yeah the Takara clones have breasts that are too large for Selene, but the Kumik body is too thin for her as well.

But you might have body in between the two with those bodies that iyiyyy has for sale.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...391-new-custom-female-body-arrived-today.html

The breasts are still quite large, however the rest of the body is also larger but not taller than the Kumik body, and they have the same length neck posts. - So no giraffe neck syndrome.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Works for me, if she's not "dead on", I'd say I prefer yours.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:agree Yeah the Takara clones have breasts that are too large for Selene, but the Kumik body is too thin for her as well.

But you might have body in between the two with those bodies that iyiyyy has for sale.

The breasts are still quite large, however the rest of the body is also larger but not taller than the Kumik body, and they have the same length neck posts. - So no giraffe neck syndrome.
I actually tried the custom body but the bodysuit is too tight around the hip and rear. (Even tried baby powder, but would've definitely ripped if I forced it more) The color is also too white and would need repainting to match the Kumik head. This figure is probably the reason I've bought every recent female body out there, and also why 80% of those are in a bin now. It's been my bane for quite some time... :dizzy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.