One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
It looks good, you did a good job sculpting the basics and getting the texture/clay smooth enough to match the face, as well as painting it pretty well.

If you wanted to make it look a bit more accurate, I would suggest resculpting that bulge running around the lower throat as it shouldn't be there. I don't know what reference you used, but in the typical/canon/average male form, there runs vertically down the middle of your throat two bumps following down from the thyrohyrwhatsit that runs from the bottom of the jaw/chin, with your adams apple being more pronounced and the lower of the two.

The sternocleidomastoid muscles should also be a bit more pronounced from the tilt of his head, you could better place them by resculpting that ring-like bulge to start from just below the ear/behind the jaw to the base of your throat in between the clavicles, which should be a bit more pronounced. It doesn't have to be all comicbook superhero-ish with heavily defined lines, but a smoother more gradual and refined curve to them should work well.

There are a variety of source images and material on the anatomy in these areas on the net, in art books, as well as bio references, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding something to work after if you haven't already.

Good luck, look forward to the wip's continuation and final form.

·
aka haloed
1,553 Posts
I saw those lumps as saiko called them and didn't think much about them. Were you trying to sclupt the collar bones? I agree with saiko in the statement about the muscles that run down the side of the neck that run along side the esophagus. It's called the sternocleidomastoid. I had to look up the name but a good anatomy book will go a long way to helping with sculpting and drawing if you don't want to take classes. Also any one will tell you practice and that is a proven fact. Don't give up. Your painting of skin tones is really good too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.