One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
curtain twitch er
1,504 Posts
Hi Jesse,

finally, you've finished him. that really looks so cool, great scratch-building work. the menacing and thrusting forward pose reminds me of the marvel cartoon character 'the rhino'

·
Striving for Originality
1,017 Posts
Awesome!! Worth all the effort!

:bravo

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
Very cool.

·
Shutdown -h NOW
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
finally have more than a few minutes to reply to posts.

Thank you all for your support and appreciation!!

holy hell man. this looks awsome man. beautiful job man
Thanks Christopher - he was kinda hellish to make too!

Wow. This is a top shelf resident, for sure. I had Special Ops flashbacks looking at the pics (Snatch & Grab).
haha - yeah, that snatch and grab is epic. Damn Juggernaut(s) just pop up out of nowhere.

Wow that is cool! Your truly did a great job on it.
Thanks Dave - Appreciate the compliment!

Brilliant piece of work.
FOUR, I was just happy to have gotten out alive (ECHO Special Ops--Juggernauts in the Oil Rig. Ever try fighting 4 of them all at once? BARELY scraped through that last one to finish the op on REGULAR.)
You got out alive?!? nice. I gave up and just started pausing the game to take reference photos. lol

Hi Jesse,

finally, you've finished him. that really looks so cool, great scratch-building work. the menacing and thrusting forward pose reminds me of the marvel cartoon character 'the rhino'
Thanks Ian - I still plan on making a stand for him but that is sometime in the far future. I am asking 88Reaper to do some PS magic for me once I get him some better photos.
Funny you should notice the similarities with Rhino: while I was making this, I was making sketches of how I could make one (Rhino) in 1:6. heh. For some reason I really like that character. :dunno

Awesome!! Worth all the effort!
Thank you Dark - glad he is finished and I can move on to other projects!

Holy smokes looks like you grabbed it straight outta the game. So cool
Thanks Ailanthus - I spent a lot of time photographing the game, mostly from Museum, and then analyzing the photos. There are a couple of details I left out intentionally cause they either didn't make sense (and were probably just thrown on the character for aesthetics as opposed to functionality of the character) or they didn't translate very well to 1:6.

Thanks again everybody and have a great weekend!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Brilliant piece of work.

In the game: One Juggernaut is tough. Two are more than a handful, three at once is scary.

FOUR, I was just happy to have gotten out alive (ECHO Special Ops--Juggernauts in the Oil Rig. Ever try fighting 4 of them all at once? BARELY scraped through that last one to finish the op on REGULAR.)
I hear that!! Still have to beat Oil Rig- we finally took 'em down in the airplane junkyard- damn, not only are those bastards tough, but the Shadow Company dudes are even more aggressive!!

Dude...your Juggernaut...is...so...friggin...impressive!!! :thumb:thumb:thumb

I don't see how you can possibly improve upon this figure. It is truly impressive. Damn Impressive. You nailed it. In the pic where he's running, I damn near had flashbacks to the game!! :lol I could almost hear the "DONG!!"

I look forward to him with the M240- he truly is one fine, fine, fine figure!

Well done! Superb friggin' Juggernaut!! :bravo:bravo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dude thats SIIIKKKK!
u gotta give him an m249 now to complete the juggernaut l00k!
:p
great job with sculpting the mask too

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Wow! Really cool figure - I can't believe I misssed this one first time out.

·
Shutdown -h NOW
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Dude thats SIIIKKKK!
u gotta give him an m249 now to complete the juggernaut l00k!
:p
great job with sculpting the mask too
ha - yes I do: I have one on the work bench but haven't gotten around to finishing it. Thanks for the compliment!

Wow! Really cool figure - I can't believe I misssed this one first time out.
thanks Flipflop! Glad you found it none the less. It was a fun project to work on.

came out so damn cool. everything fits him well, awesome job!
Thanks man. The chest rig was tricky. due to the use of the EOD suit underneath, he was really bulky. So I had to cut/sew and modify the rig quite a bit including using parts from another set to get the fit and look just right.

This is truly beautiful!!!! How do you make the armor????
Thanks MM - unfortunately, how I did the armor (collar/shield, gauntlets, knee pads and ankle shield) can't be answered in a quick post. But I can tell you what I used: Styrene, metal wire, material from the EOD outfit (kevlar layer), mini-brads and styrene rivets from an Anime model kit plus a photo-etch scrap I had lying around for the window in the shield. The styrene was hand molded over a candle and for the pads (elbow/knee), the material was warmed and pulled over another piece to give it its form. So it took some time to get it right.
Glad you appreciate it!

hey dude! is this thing for sale i will buy it just give me a price!
connor
[email protected]
Hey dude - nope - not for sale (yet). I want some time to enjoy it for a bit.
If I do decide to sell, you will be the first to know. :)
Thanks dude.

Amazing work!
Thanks buddy!!

To everyone else who took the time to leave comments: I thank you. This was a very fun and sometimes frustrating project to undertake. Especially not having much experience in working with new material(s).

Now that I feel much more comfortable with Styrene...

Onward to my next project. I have 3 in mind at the moment and one I have started working on:
1. Halo: Reach Marine Trooper. I have started molding his helmet in styrene - so far so good.
2. District 9 MNU Soldier - probably start work on the armor this weekend. Time permitting
3. Warhammer 40k Tech Marine. still researching and collecting parts. Special thanks to Hardcase for the reference material on this one. :thumb

Stay tuned for new threads/updates.

-iz

·
Registered
2 Posts
alright thank ya its a great oeace of art u got and excelent detail on the guy looks amazing haha so yeah let me kno if you decide to sell it money will be waiting :) again great job and keep expressing ur skills

81 - 100 of 107 Posts