One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was looking forward to seeing the end product, I tell you what, it didn't disappoint. Brilliant work and definitely up there for KOTM, KOTY even.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
wow!! great job all around. Nice choice of gear, great fabrication on the armor, excellent weathering.............one of my faves. I have something similar but in a more post apoc style........love this stuff, GREAT JOB.

·
Shutdown -h NOW
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thanks everybody!

@ArtDamage:
"Wow simply amazing job man. Love the detail of the helmet and faceguard. You should make a nice base for him with fuselage wreckage." Thanks man and that is exactly what I had planned. I was not going to 'release' this guy until it was done (base) but by the time I got around t finishing it...would probably be another 6 months. But i am still planning it. :thumb

@itchybitz:
"Wow, he came out even better than I expected...This is definitely going in for the next KOTM" - thanks Itchy!! You kept me going with all your MW2 bashes - thanks for the encouragement !

@polonium:
".. .I never play this game, what's Juggernaut? Cyborg or dude in heavy armor?
Would like to see fight between Juggernaut and Ironman Mk1" - The juggernaut is a man in heavy armor. A pain the arse to kill but not impossible. Not exactly a "boss" character, maybe more of an "immovable object meets an unstoppable force". :thumb

@mgbb:
"That's a real nice MW2 figure! The customized armor is excellent as well as the gear load up. I would suggest giving him a heavy machine gun." - Thanks buddy - yep, I have a HT M249 I am planning on using. The more research I do on this gun, the more I am linking the idea of the FN Minimi SAW with collapsible butt-stock. The standard HT M249 I have now looks good, but I think the minimi would fit the character best. Stay tuned.

@Jack D:
"Outstanding work, very well done and true to the game." - thanks Jack. that's a great compliment.

@shaonizzit:
"wow!! great job all around. Nice choice of gear, great fabrication on the armor, excellent weathering.............one of my faves. I have something similar but in a more post apoc style........love this stuff, GREAT JOB." - thanks. I am a big fan of your work and inspired by all the peeps on this board. Can't wait to see what you will unveil next!

Thanks again to everyone who inspired me to keep going and finish this fella. I appreciate all the comments/suggestions.
The quality of what I see come out of the OSW pushes me to constantly think of ways to improve my own projects.

Working with different materials on this project (styrene/fabric/metal) has opened new possibilities for future projects. So what's next...? Stay tuned.

·
Shutdown -h NOW
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
@rivera2171 - thanks for the compliment. the collar was pretty labor intensive and went through various iterations before I settled on the materials I liked. The base collar is sheet styrene (see pic on page one of the thread), same as the shoulder pads, the gauntlets and part of the knee pads, which I warmed with a candle and hand-formed until I got the shape I needed. then used a dremel to get the shape right. I then applied small gauge wire around the top part of the collar to give it a 'lip' and a good metal base for weathering. The "kevlar" is material I recycled from the base EOD suit I used. I went through various materials for this part before I realized the solution was right in front of my eyes. :bag The 'rivets' are mini brads I found at Michael's as well as styrene bits I found in a Macross kit.

-iz

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Wow. This is a top shelf resident, for sure. I had Special Ops flashbacks looking at the pics (Snatch & Grab).

·
All Decade's Fault
2,422 Posts
Brilliant piece of work.

In the game: One Juggernaut is tough. Two are more than a handful, three at once is scary.

FOUR, I was just happy to have gotten out alive (ECHO Special Ops--Juggernauts in the Oil Rig. Ever try fighting 4 of them all at once? BARELY scraped through that last one to finish the op on REGULAR.)

61 - 80 of 107 Posts