One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Switched to Lurking...
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This 'bash came as an impromptu hour long inspired rush, from a reference photo I can no longer find. This is a representation of a down and dirty MVD Internal Troop of the North Caucasian District, "bombed up" as simply as possible for some counter insurgency activity. He's got the big gun, the ammo, the body armor, and that's the big three. Some goggles for possible dust and a doo rag for the sweat, and he's ready to hunt some Chechen rebels. The Kamysh green tiger stripe BDU top and pants are one of Daewon_ton's custom uniforms. I rolled and painted the sleeves. The body armor is from BBi, and the VSR pattern was hand painted. The PKM is of course one of Fullmetal's resin kits painted up. The ammo belt came from DiD's Czech ZB-53/MG-37(t) machine gun. Now I KNOW what some will lament at this point. "He needs some serious weathering!" On the BDU's, the boots, the vest, etc. I decisively choose NOT to do any weathering, other then what was already done to the PKM. I KNOW how kick butt good weathering can enhance a figure overall. I've seen this from many talented individuals here on the OSW. I tend to not like it on my own figures. I enjoy the visual presentation without it. On my 1/35th armor, I go full bore. The more worn and dirty the better. On my 1/6th scale figures, I like some element of "Action Figure/Toy" to show through. Light the torches and brandish the pitch forks, but there you have it. So watcha watcha watcha think, watcha think?

Added

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Re: MVD Chechen Rebel Fighter, Modern Russian

Great looking figure - good use of that sculpt too :)

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts

he is every bit the hardened soldier. The details, like the armor and uniform and pkm make me green with envy because they are so good.

·
AK fanatic
885 Posts

Great job Matt! Like I said before, I love that body armor!

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts

Not bad! I like what you did to the Armor vest!

One aggressive looking Russian.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

I kind of like both takes, "clean" or weathered. He's a damned nice figure, cool in his simplicity, thanks to your extra details.

·
Switched to Lurking...
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Nice!!! really captures the character.
Thank you, that's what I was aiming for. The photo it's based on just drips character. I really need to find that photo again.

Great looking figure - good use of that sculpt too :)
Much obliged! I've been searching for just the right figure to use that head sculpt on. The addition of the cigarette just puts it right on target. From Fallschirmjager to Spetsnaz!

he is every bit the hardened soldier. The details, like the armor and uniform and pkm make me green with envy because they are so good.
Kind words sir, I am humbled. Thank you.

Great job Matt! Like I said before, I love that body armor!
Thanks Wes. I really liked it on my RPK-74 gunner, and wanted to do it again. Thankfully, that vest from BBi seems to be fairly prolific.

Awesome figure! I love the HS, it fits the figure perfectly! :)
Thanks so much! I was hoping to find that kind of "Zen" with this guy.

Not bad! I like what you did to the Armor vest!

One aggressive looking Russian.
Thank you kindly! Sometimes the simple figures really hit the nail on the head.

I kind of like both takes, "clean" or weathered. He's a damned nice figure, cool in his simplicity, thanks to your extra details.
Thank you my friend. I was hoping the sparse load out would work.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Nice figure Matt! I love all the custom bits like the body armor. Keep them coming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts