One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor old Mutt seems to get left out of everything. Here is an out of the box Mutt versus one with a new body, repainted head sculpt and new hands. I know the wrist joints are ugly as anything, but once I get a good biker jacket they'll be hidden. After-Mutt has new jeans from the old Mattel James Dean figure, but his shirt, boots and sword are from the original figure.

Before and After

Bird's Eye View

Why are you fighting yourself?

Time to Relax

Frankly, I don't think either version looks much like Shia LeBeouf. In fact, I After-Mutt looks a lot more like Leo DiCaprio than Shia, but that may be more of a result of the scruffiness I added than facial features.

One thing that kind of has me concerned about Before-Mutt is the quality of the plastic of the head sculpt. Right out of the box I thought the head had the shiny texture I associate with older unstable plastics where the plasticizers (or whatever, I'm not a chemist) are starting to leak out. I hope it is nothing, but I kind of fear that the at least the first batch of Mutt heads was made with a badly mixed unstable plastic. Oh well.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Great re-work, the extra mile you went with him really paid off. Going lighter on the scruff would be good too.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you about the scruff, but I forgot to say in my first post that Before-Mutt is also destined for an extreme makeover that will be scruff-free. It was always my intention to have one of each, which is why this version looks the way he does.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Good figure,

Which body is that, the hands look like BBI G1, but I can't place the rest. If it is a G1 then, phew, I was worried there'd be scale issues as I plan to use one for Indy but Mutt scales out fine.

Nice going

CHEERS!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The body is a Dragon Neo3 with G1 Hands. Strangely, all the Dragon hands I tried with the body didn't fit, but the G1 hands popped right in. I thought the Neo3 Dragon's were supposed to be tall, but he is short as anything. As a scale reference, I know you are familiar with the Mattel James Dean and I had to roll up the jeans two or three times because they were so long.

I actually considered using a G1 body, and it would fit just fine scale-wise, but the loose one I had to hand was one of the darker toned ones and I didn't feel like repainting the body.

One thing I did have to do with the Neo body was use some resin to fill in the gap between the head and the bottom of the neckpost. I could have jammed the head all the way down, but then it would have made him look neckless and Shia kind of has the giraffe neck thing going on anyway.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Thanks,

A Neo3 might just work with the neck extended, but the Neo3 I have is already committed to another project. I have a pale early G1 that I plan to use. I actually used a G1 for a custom James Dean and had to cut a notch in the back of the waistband of the jeans to get them to fit. I found the leg length to be fine though.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh nice! Where did you get the buttons from?
The buttons came from a Barbie "My Scene"
freebie that came with a couple of the dolls.
They were called "Body Jewels for you!" and
are adhesive on one side. I found a few photos
of Mutt's pins and copied the pattern as close
as I could.

Believe me, they really aren't that impressive
up close, but they pass from far away. :p

The Leather jacket really does add that extra
touch the Mutt figure is missing. Plus, it keeps
his "Sword-Slashing Action" arm from flopping
all around when he's just in his T-shirt.

P.S. I love your Indy picture on your post! :D

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.