One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my latest bash.

Muscovite nobleman from late 14th century.
He is based off Osprey's Medieval Russian Armies 1250-1500 and various sources from the internet. With influences from the eastern and western worlds Medieval Russian culture has sparked my interest over the last couple of years. I figured he was my next logical choice for a bash.

His equipment breaks down as follows:
figure, bow, arrows quiver, armor, shield, clothing - Dragons Olaf, Subadai and Timeline (shield only)
cape, knife and helmet - Dog Soldiers Viking Raider with Magic Sculpt
Mace, chest emblem and vambraces - custom with Magic Sculpt.

Side Notes
I left the shield blank until I can figure out what to pain on it.
I'm not very happy with the end result of the vambraces, I used Magic Sculpt and tried to design with puff paint, the end result was very sloppy and even after I scraped off the puff paint the vambraces still look a little to bulky. Until I find a better solution they will stay as is. So just look over them for now:lol

and Finally the pics:
http://www.cnwyatt.com/figures/1.jpg

http://www.cnwyatt.com/figures/2.jpg

http://www.cnwyatt.com/figures/3.jpg

http://www.cnwyatt.com/figures/4.jpg

Critiques are encouraged,

spa`sibo,
Chuck

·
Registered
10 Posts
While the only person who needs to be satisfied with this figure is you, I'd say the vambraces were just great (we can get them much tighter, but I really don't think it's necessary). It all looks super.

Good job on an off-the-beaten-path topic. :clap

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To everyone thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

irishjoe26 wrote:
i particuilarly like the bow and arrows...know of any reputable online dealers that would stock those?

I got mine from Monkeydepot.com. I have never had a problem with them.

prvtnoclass wrote:
I know nothing about that period, but he looks pretty darn cool to me.

My info is very limited also, this is a tough period to find info on, Most info I have founds deals with 11th - 10th century or 16th century to modern.

laughinggravy2 wrote:
I'd say the vambraces were just great (we can get them much tighter, but I really don't think it's necessary). It all looks super.

Thanks, tighter is one of my complaints and not so clunky. My wife is an Exhibit Designer and she has pointed me towards other materials besides Magic sculpt. Magic sculpt is like duct tape, it can do anything!

das soldat wrote:
cool....put "3a MOCKBa!" on the sheild....:p

I give up, what is a 3a MOCKBa?

Thanks again!

Chuck

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts

das soldat wrote:
cool....put "3a MOCKBa!" on the sheild....:p
I give up, what is a 3a MOCKBa?

I had resized standard latin letters to look like cyrillic, incase anybody doesn't have the cyrillic fonts installed(Tougher to do w/ my signature, nothing looks like english letters)

But, anyways, 3a MOCKBa is Za Moskva, For Moscow. It's kinda a play on what Soviet pilot wrote on some of their planes, Za Stalina (For Stalin)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Looks great to me. The parts , such as helm, bracers, look incedible. I may have to try this Magic sculpt stuff. I know Storm will like him, he's hung up on the Russkies too.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Very much worth a look, you've done justice to the subject. Warfare in old Russia reflected the influence of East and West, and the Rus warriors were practical men.

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Ahhhh , Chuck i'm really beginning to like you, i don't believe anyone else here, to the best of my knowledge, has done a Medieval Russian. Now i really have to get me arse in gear and get mine done(4 in the works) 2 from the same book you quoted and two from the earlier time period.

Great figure indeed. I have the same quandary as you for the shield(s) my wife is a great painter/drawer so i choose the design ...she makes it happen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.