One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have older gladiator bodies by KP and ACI, and some of them have gray/green discoloration on the limbs. I've seen that this is a common problem that develops from the paint used. Has anyone come up with a solution for this? It seems a dye solution would be best as paint would be rubbed along the joints when posing. Anyone figure something out? I'd hate to just throw out the bodies.

Thanks,

-g

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,873 Posts
I have older gladiator bodies by KP and ACI, and some of them have gray/green discoloration on the limbs. I've seen that this is a common problem that develops from the paint used. Has anyone come up with a solution for this? It seems a dye solution would be best as paint would be rubbed along the joints when posing. Anyone figure something out? I'd hate to just throw out the bodies.

Thanks,

-g
--

Color dying the body/bodies come with its own specific/unique challenges depending on your 1:6 customization skill experience and patience.

Based on observations over the years, the easiest way would be to replace the bodies with muscular seamless bodies that is obviously the design and aesthetic solution and status symbol permeating the 1:6 hobby.

I've seen others do a full repaint of the body using a variety of methods all dependent on the body being repainted with lots and lots of patience.

ALL of the preceding involves patience and expense in way one or another.

Nothing beats experiencing and learning the hard way because there is no ideal solution you are demanding/seeking.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seamless bodies, while they look nice, have their own challenges, and I'm not interested in pursuing that route at this time. I am comfortable with customizing, and I look forward to seeing if anyone has success with correcting the discolorization. I could do a full body paint job, but as I say, the color will rub at the joints, especially in limbs where this problem usually occurred. Thus, I am wondering if anyone had success treating the color problem with a chemical solution or dying the bodies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts