One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Mud texturing and battle damage WIP

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  stevejack2 
#1 ·
[HR][/HR]
Hi all,

I've been working on a Predator bash, using a Phicen M34 body to see how it goes applying mud texture and paintwork.
Previously I've used the Hot Toys John Matrix body as a base for a similar figure, and the rubber is much firmer on that body than it is on the M34.

The first pic is where I'm up to, with some additional progress pics below.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks mate. No it doesn't rub off at all, but there is one way to peel off the mud texture if you really try. Because the silicone is so soft, if you stretch it enough you'll be able to find an edge and peel off a section but you'd have to be trying hard to do it.

I've also used the same method on a Hot Toys John Matrix body and the rubber arms are much firmer, you can't get the texture off even if you try because there's not enough flex in the silicone on that body.

All that said, I'm not bending the arms to 90 degrees either - I'd keep the re-posing minimal after painting to be sure it lasts.

#5 ·
Thanks Chaos - The silicone was applied first, then paint over the top. I sort of layered the paint up (slightly different shades each time) starting with covering the textured areas first, then expanding out. The final coat was really just a thin dirty wash to stain some of the bare skin areas the same shade as the rest of the mud to blend it all in, and to blend in the blood with the mud a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.